Office and HR Manager
Location: Multimatic Electronic Systems UK, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
MES Office and HR Manager
Multimatic - Solving our customers’ problems through the know-how we embed in the products and services we sell.
Multimatic is a global automotive company providing hardware and engineering services to OEMs around the world. Head quartered in Cambridge (UK) and with a team based in Toronto (Canada) its newly formed electronics division, Multimatic Electronic Systems (MES), will meet the growing needs of our automotive customers in electronics hardware and software control. Combining our new products with Multimatic’s existing expertise in suspension systems, vehicle dynamics, mechanisms and mechatronics will enable us to go to market with complete active suspension, active aero and powered door products to our customers in the future.
As MES continues to expand, we have opened a new role for an HR and Office Manager to join our team in Cambridge (Milton Hall). Supporting MES across our three locations (Cambridge, Thetford and Toronto, Canada) the successful candidate will take the lead for all MES HR activities whilst also being the ‘go-to’ for all general official managerial tasks. The role is very open, ideally suited to a motived individually that is looking to create, own and manage processes in this area. Most importantly we need someone who will embrace our culture - finding ways to say “yes”, meeting all commitments, being flexible, embracing challenges and ensuring we deliver excellent solutions to our customers.
Facility Address: Milton Hall, Ely Road, Milton, Cambridge CB24 6WZ
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Lead MES HR tasks including recruitment, staff engagement, onboarding, training & development, contract management, holidays, annual performance, and reviews.
- Create, own, and manage office management processes directly related to MES. This will include items such as mobile phones, travel booking (including visa requirements), new starter onboarding and general office support.
- Embed themselves into management teams. Such support could include creation and distribution of meeting minutes, booking meetings and supporting/distributing agendas.
- Support the General Manager and Division as and when required. This may include supporting the organisation of customer visits, social events with clients or within the Division and general office management tasks.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skill
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- Ability to successfully interact with all levels of employees and thrive in a diverse, fast-paced team environment.
Multimatic is an equal opportunity employer.