Multimatic Manufacturing is the original production facility of Multimatic Inc. and is a leading supplier of hinges, door checks and innovative user-convenience products (such as Multimatic’s StepGate™ or BoxSideStep™) to the North American automotive industry. Multimatic Mfg. uses flexible production systems that allow rapid product changeovers, helping drive manufacturing efficiency.
Multimatic Mfg. is looking for Controls Lead Engineer (afternoon shift) who can help maintain and repair the equipment used within the division. The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for increasing company profitability by providing all departments with safe, well maintained equipment, while ensuring quality and the ability to meet production requirements.
Site Address: Multimatic Manufacturing
301 Jacob Keffer Parkway
Concord, ON L4K 4V6
• Maintain documentation of changes to the programs, review program changes by other personal and to backup machine PLC, HMI, camera, drive, and other programs.
• Assist Process Engineering, IT, and line contractors with integration and PLC code to ensure proper installation or modification and start up to Multimatic systems.
• Perform all electrical work including repairs on all equipment and machinery as required, including backup of assembly line programs, creating, and modifying a line programs.
• Complete necessary paperwork including work orders/time sheets/log board entries/line book revisions as required in a timely manner. Maintains up to date documentation of all equipment. This includes making sure that any changes to equipment are documented
• Participate in development and implementation of latest technologies to improve productivity and quality.
• Make recommendations to improve equipment efficiency and cost reduction. This includes manufacturing, repairs and installations of parts, components, services, and equipment.
• Interface and coordinate with hardware and controls engineers to perform tests on simulation, software, hardware, and systems platforms to validate proper
• Travel Abroad to machine developers to assist in the validation and sign off new machinery
• Assisting in the implementation of continuous improvement suggestions on the production line
• Ordering parts and following the parts received procedure
• Responsible for maintaining a clean tidy and organized work area
• Use or wear the equipment, protective devices or clothing that Multimatic requires to be used or worn
• Assist in breakdowns in a timely manner as required
• Adopt and practice Kaizen Principles and Concepts
• Perform other duties as required (i.e.-special projects).
• Work in compliance with and conform to all regulations and standards
Basic Requirements and Competencies:
• 5 years’ experience in PLC programming.
• Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, or similar field.
• Experience with pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems including robotics
• Proficiency in MS Office, Excel and Outlook is an asset.
• Ability to successfully interact with all levels of employees in a multicultural environment.
• Ability to read, write and speak English.
• Manufacturing experience is an asset
• Good communication skills (written and oral).
Closing date for applications is March 2nd 2023
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume. We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, recruitment-related accommodations for disabilities, are available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process for applicants with disabilities.