Location: Multimatic Dynamic Suspensions, East Gwillimbury, Ontario, Canada
Multimatic Dynamic Suspensions (MDS) is a premier supplier of advanced suspension products and welded assemblies to the global automotive industry. Equipped with the latest technology in metal stamping (up to 2500 tonne), state-of-the-art robotic welding cells, and automated assembly lines, the 240,000 square foot facility is staffed by expert personnel to manufacture front and rear suspension control arms, links, stabilizer bars and various high value-add assemblies.
Multimatic Dynamic Suspensions is looking for a Press Operator who will be responsible producing quality stamped parts while maintaining a clean and safe working environment. Must be willing to work the night shift.
Multimatic Dynamic Suspensions 125 Corcoran Court East Gwillimbury, Ontario Canada L9N 0M8
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate the press and a blank loaded feeder.
- Operate the overhead crane for tool changes and blank loading.
- Complete die changes.
- Carry out quality control inspections on all stamped parts produced as per quality control inspection instructions.
- Record all findings of inspections on inspection records.
- Record steel tags and lot numbers on the inspection records form.
- Tag each container with a bar code label with the part number and lot number quantity.
- Complete production reports and last off reports.
- Separate line accumulation defects (between vendor and/or press shop defects). Complete tagging as per the DMN procedure.
- Change the lot code numbers (as required).
- Ensure that the press, feeder, and entire working area is kept clean and safe at all times.
- Report any abnormalities or unsafe conditions of parts or machinery to the department leadhand, supervisor, or manager.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a press operator.
- Forklift and overhead crane experience.
- Ability to program new tooling parameters into gudel feeding equipment.
- Ability to organize and program sensors and wires.
- Knowledge of RS view logic screens.
- Knowledge of servo type rail systems.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- SPC Level 1.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, as well as a friendly work environment. Learn more about us at www.multimatic.com.
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume. We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process.
Multimatic is an equal opportunity employer.