Group Purchasing Sr. Buyer
Location: MULTIMATIC STRUCTURES & SUSPENSION GROUP OFFICE, East Gwillimbury, Ontario, Canada
Multimatic is a global engineering and automotive parts supplier. We are a privately held company originating in 1984. We are probably best well known as the builders of the Ford GT super car along with some other amazing niche vehicles.
Our mission is solving our customers’ problems through our know-how, embedded in the products and services we sell. Our employee engagement and satisfaction is a large part of how succeed at this.
We offer industry competitive compensation including profit sharing along with actively investing in our people through professional development and career pathways. You can see information about Multimatic at www.multimatic.com.
Supports the Group Office and divisional purchasing teams to coordinate and execute key purchasing activities. The position shall be responsible to manage tactical, strategic and development activities that promote a competitive advantage for Multimatic and support customer driven needs. The role requires the administration of monthly reporting, drive group collaboration on common commodities, and assist in the development of tools to support improved divisional purchasing performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible to generate and track group purchasing KMI data including cost reduction progress, minority spend and commodity price changes. The role shall be responsible to communicate the data to the relevant teams within Multimatic or externally as required.
2. Coordinate, and manage as required, high leverage/high risk issues that threaten continuity of supply. Work in coordination with divisional leadership to resolve potential concerns and support the creation of contingency plans to eliminate repeat issues.
3. Work with APQP and divisional purchasing to develop new suppliers that benefit new programs. Find new technologies and innovative suppliers globally that can promote opportunities to improve profitability or product quality including the development of the supply chain for new technologies within Multimatic.
4. Review the Supplier Performance database. Work with divisional departments to improve the overall performance of suppliers.
5. Drive VA/VE initiatives and technical workshops to generate cost reduction opportunities in coordination with divisional teams.
6. Evaluate group spend commonization and drive activities to improve overall spend using a total cost approach.
7. Create and drive the use of common tools to improve divisional efficiencies, establish a recognized standard to approach suppliers and ensure an effective risk management process to limit exposure with contract disputes.
8. Work in compliance with TS16949 / ISO 14001 standards. Maintain due diligence in regard to environmental matters, minimize potential harmful accidents and work in compliance with ISO 14001
1. Approximately 6 – 8 years purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment preferably in the automotive industry.
2. Completion of a relevant University Degree or College level Diploma required.
3. Professional designation either in Materials or Purchasing (eg. PMAC, CPIM, CPP) preferred
4. Demonstrated ability to develop suppliers resulting in benefits to the organization.
5. Ability to function at a strategic level, but also able to execute and support in a “hands on” fashion.
6. Business savvy with excellent problem-solving techniques and methods to understand cost breakdowns and associated cost drivers of manufacturing processes.
7. Ability to handle highly sensitive matters objectively and with discretion, High personal standard of integrity and ethics.
8. Demonstrated negotiation skills with the ability to develop fact-based recommendations to management. 9. Excellent computer skills to manage data that assist to create meaningful action plans and strategies. Ability to create professional reports for various management levels to effectively articulate issues or opportunities.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, as well as a friendly work environment. Learn more about us at www.multimatic.com. If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume. We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process. Multimatic is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing date for applications is January 31st 2023