Location: Multimatic Anton Manufacturing, Concord, Ontario, Canada
Multimatic Anton Manufacturing is a division of Multimatic Inc. and a leader in the production of engineered mechanisms for the global automotive industry. We are a full-service supplier, optimized for high-volume production, and focused on continuous improvement in all systems and processes to drive manufacturing efficiency.
We are looking for an Assembly Supervisor to join our team on midnights. The successful candidate will join our Assembly team and will be responsible to increase company profitability by providing high quality assembly parts to customer and meet customer production requirement.
- Conducting End /Start shift meeting.
- Ensure First off approval
- Scheduling overtime.
- Ensuring current job aids are available to the operator.
- Train operators/lead hands.
- Organizing staff to assembly lines.
- Setting up Material Rework per established rework procedures.
- Issuance of work order for facility maintenance and repair.
- Requisition of shop supplies for use on the floor.
- Responsible for housekeeping.
- Work in a safe manner at all times.
- Support and encourage KAIZEN activities.
- Solicit GEAR activities from staff to meet corporate goals.
- Conduct employee performance reviews for department personnel minimum annually.
- Submits training needs to HR as determined from departmental needs and employee evaluations.
- Participate in Kaizen and GEAR activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work in compliance and conform to all established standards.
- Completion of an appropriate blend of education and/or experience equaling a minimum of five years
- Good knowledge of Government legislation in the areas of Health & Safety (OHSA, WHMIS, etc.)
- Two years' experience in a management role.
- Excellent problem-solving techniques
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees in a multicultural organization
- Familiar with MRP system in Auto Manufacturing environment would be an asset.
- Familiar with ISO and IATF standards.
- Computer skills in the areas of databases, spread sheets and word processing
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
Closing date for applications is December 7th 2022