Location: Multimatic EU-Matic, Coventry, West Midlands, United Kingdom
Posted: October 26th, 2022
· The CNC SETTER is responsible for assisting the CNC Manager and process engineering to ensure that high quality machined parts are provided to assembly on time while ensuring the ability to meet their production requirements.
· Program all CNC machines with continuous improvements to cycle times.
· Operate and produce quality machined components.
· Assist in ensuring all changeovers are performed adequately and safely.
· Responsible for monitoring running jobs for any concerns and maintenance of standards.
· Responsible for checking tooling status in Toolcrib.
· Responsible for trouble shooting and problem solving with cutters and machines.
· Responsible for performing ‘first-off’ procedures.
· Responsible for completing production sheets at the end of the shift.
· Work in a safe manner at all times.
· Adopt and practice Kaizen Principles and Concepts
· Participate in Kaizen and GEAR activities
· Adopt and practice Kaizen Principles and Concepts.
· Participate in Kaizen and GEAR activities.
· Follow all general procedures where applicable as indicated in the General Procedures section of the level III Procedure manual.
· Follow all Departmental General Procedures as well as procedures for this position as indicated in the level III Procedure manual.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Work in compliance and conform to ITAF 16949 and ISO14001 standards
· Participate in end of shift duties, cleaning the facility /area of work.
· To review and update relevant facility board documentation
· Responsible for coolant control and trained in coolant management
· Responsible for basic training of operators in all aspects of their job
· Submits training to HR as determined from departmental needs and employee evaluations.
Key Areas of Authority:
· Ensure that the objectives of the Business Plan are met in accordance with the framework of the company
· Follow company procedures and policies as stated in the Employee Handbook
· Stop any process where quality or safety issues are identified
· Minimum GCSE Grade C education or equivalent and mechanical apprenticeship.
· Programming/operating experience or equivalent.
· Good knowledge of programs and software.
· Good trouble shooting, problem solving skills, ability to organize and prioritize.
· Possess leadership skills.
· Ability to interact with employees in a multicultural environment.
· Ability to read, write and speak English.
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume. We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, recruitment-related accommodations for disabilities, are available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process for applicants with disabilities.