Location: Multimatic Niche Volume Assembly, Thetford, Norfolk, United Kingdom
Multimatic is a global automotive supply company providing hardware and engineering services to OEMs around the world.
We are looking for a Purchasing Coordinator whose key role will include sourcing, negotiating and procurement (including expediting) of goods and services to ensure that project requirements are met taking into account, price, quality and delivery. These activities will be undertaken in conjunction with development and maintenance of a project Bills-of-Materials, tooling requirements and associated 3rd party services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Support the operations function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact on the project
- Work closely with Programme & Production Managers to ensure timely supply of goods to me the demands of the programme, expediting deliveries where required.
- Provide analysis on costs, new and existing, and review cost reduction activities
- Prepare reports and updates as and when required
- Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make project savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Analysis stock levels to determine appropriate order schedules
- Prepare and raise purchase orders and order schedules
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures during supplier negotiations and contracts award process.
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues
- Support and adhere to policies, procedures, and operational guidelines related to established quality management system (IATF 16949).
- Maintain a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.