Process Test Engineer
Location: Multimatic C-Mech, Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
C-Mech is a brand new division of the Multimatic Mechanism Group. We are searching for a dynamic individual for the position of Process Test Engineer.
Plant Address: 1200 Stackhouse Road, Newmarket, ON, L3Y 8E4, Canada
Scope of Position:
Will assume the role of Mechatronics product testing expert for the various electromechanical projects at Multimatic C-mech. The Process Data Engineer will take the lead and coordinate all Test Process Aspects of all Mechatronics Products at Multimatic C-mech through a hands-on approach.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate and monitor Individual Station performance against station control limits.
- Evaluate and conduct End of Line data analysis and fall out analysis.
- Correlation / causality analysis of individual station performance to EOL values.
- Development of recommendations for updated part limits and individual station limits.
- Work with AQP to coordinate the activities and subsequent documentation for End of Line test specifications.
- Review specifications and identify clear test requirements.
- Perform Design for Testability (DFT) analysis of product designs and generate DFT reports.
- Attend ECN Meetings and update the appropriate documentation, EOL Test Specification to meet the ECN PPAP date.
- Review CMM and Laser Scan reports for dimensional, MSA and Initial SPC studies for new programs troubleshoot, debug, validate, and provide action plans as required and follow up accordingly.
- Participate in End of Line Station design and approvals to meet Customer Requirements on time
- Coordinate any unique studies as required for assigned programs as a result of Customer Complaints, Internal issues working with various Multimatic departments to achieve and maintain the highest Customer rating: To Achieve Zero Defects.
- Ensure products being manufactured and tested comforms to all engineering, customer and manufacturing standards.
- Coordinate and participate in Early Supplier Engagement with Design and Process Engineering group for development of test equipment.
- Participate in Development and maintenance of PFMEA (live documents).
- Development and particpation in upkeep of EOL Test Specification (live documents).
Own, and investigate internal /external quality issues for assigned programs throughout all stages of production EOL testing.
- Lead, and Coordinate root cause investigation to identify the root cause for all test related issues.
- Work with various Multimatic Departments to implement robust meaningful corrective actions.
- Train operators and Operations team on new programs, Train members of Advanced Operations team in specific quality disciplines as required.
- Participate in DMN Activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Possess a University Degree or College Diploma or equivalent and/or previous relevant manufacturing experience – Mechatronics specialization/Degree would be an asset
- Sound understanding / working knowledge of electric motors, mechanisms, ECU., brakes, sensors etc would be an asset
- Working knowledge of software development tools such as LabView, LabWindows/CVI, TestStand, Matlab, UNIX OS, shell programming and scripting languages (Perl/TCL/Python) is a definite asset.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies, analyzing control parameters that impact test development, and providing test support to manufacturing
- Excellent interpersonal skills – dealing with customers, suppliers and various departments
- Able to read and interpret Engineering Drawings and GD&T
- Flexibility to travel
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs
- Knowledge of IATF 16949 / ISO 14001 standards would be an asset
- Ability to successfully interact with all levels of employees in a multicultural environment.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, as well as a friendly work environment. Learn more about us at www.multimatic.com.
Multimatic is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted