Robotic Welding Technician PLC Controls
Location: Multimatic Inmet, Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
Multimatic Inmet manufactures fully engineered, high-quality components, assemblies and systems such as bumpers and chassis/body structural components for high-volume vehicle manufacturers.
Multimatic Inmet is looking for a Robotic Welding Technician PLC Controls Tech who will be responsible for increasing company profitability by providing manufacturing departments with well-maintained equipment, while ensuring quality and ability to meet production requirements.
35 West Wilmot St
Richmond Hill, ON L4B 1L7
- Troubleshoot, repair and adjust robots (Fanuc & Motoman), weld controllers, etc. using PLC’s and HMI
- Assist with changeover of equipment, components, and tooling
- Support production department to ensure a smooth production run: i.e Setup, toolchange, problem solving etc.
- Adjust MIG, Projection, and Spot welding schedules on Medar, Lincoln, and Fronius weld controllers
- Maintain equipment to ensure machines produce quality parts
- Responsible for daily preventative maintenance
- Assisting in the implementation of continuous improvement activities
- Work in a safe manner at all times
- Works in compliance with IATF16949 standards.
- Maintains due diligence in regard to environmental matters, minimize any potentially harmful accidents and work in compliance with ISO 14001.
- Will work in compliance with all legislative requirements of the OHSA
- Post secondary diploma from a technical college in Robotic Welding, Electro-Mechanical, or Automation
- Minimum 5 years of hands on experience
- Ticketed professional an asset (i.e. Electrician, Millwright, Machinist, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical issues
- Experience with Robotic MIG, Projection and Spot welding
- Must have very strong PLC skills
- Experience working with Motoman & Fanuc robots, and Allen Bradley PLC’s
- Must be able to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Strong problem solving techniques
- Ability to read blue prints
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees in the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Must be able to work afternoon shift 2:30pm-10:40pm
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be flexible with hours, as there will be occasional weekend overtime
Multimatic offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, as well as a friendly work environment. To apply for this career opportunity, click below on the "APPLY NOW" and send us your resume and cover letter outlining your professional experience.