Material Handler/Forklift Driver Afternoon Shift
Location: Multimatic C-Mech, Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
C-Mech is a division of the Multimatic Mechanism Group located in Newmarket, Ontario. We are searching for a dynamic individual for the position of Material Handler/Forklift Driver on Afternoon Shift.
Plant Address: 1200 Stackhouse Road, Newmarket, ON, L3Y 8E4, Canada
Shift: Afternoon Shift
Key Responsibilities and Authorities:
- Responsible for restocking lines with components, stampings, containers.
- Responsible for supplying lines with customer containers and removal of damage containers.
- Responsible to arrange the storage/transportation of stampings to and from assembly lines in organized manner.
- Responsible to arrange the storage of components to and from assembly lines in organized manner.
- Responsible for Finished goods to be verified by inspectors and approved before strapping and proper storage of container.
- Responsible for Scanning stampings and components to and from assembly lines.
- Responsible for the proper use of scanners and ensure lot traceability of components and stampings
- Responsible for fork truck, BT and Tugger inspection.
- Responsible for staging of daily shipments to meet scheduled pick-up window times.
- Responsible for loading/unloading of goods/containers into and from trucks and verify paperwork as well as storing empty returnable containers.
- Responsible for moving received goods to proper inventory locations and doing MRP entries for all goods shipped and received and moving rejected parts to quarantine.
- Participate in continuous improvement program.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Work in compliance and conform to IATF16949 and ISO14001 standards.
Basic Requirements and Competencies:
- Possess a valid driver license with excellent driving record.
- Forklift operating experience with a valid forklift license.
- Familiar with WHMIS, IATD16949, ISO14001, Accident Prevention.
- Must have WHMIS, Propane Handling, Shipping & Receiving of Dangerous Goods & Hazardous Waste training.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees in a Multi-Cultural environment.
- Familiar with MRP system in an auto-manufacturing environment would be an asset.
- Must have a good understanding of basic mathematics.
- Computer literacy and knowledge of MS Office, Excel and Outlook would be an asset
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Minimum grade 12 education or equivalent.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, as well as a friendly work environment. Learn more about us at www.multimatic.com.
Multimatic is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted