Advanced Quality Engineer
Location: Multimatic Technical Centre, Markham, Ontario, Canada
Multimatic Technical Centre (MTC), located in Markham, Ontario is a division of Multimatic Inc. MTC has a comprehensive development team supporting Multimatic’s manufacturing divisions while also providing contract engineering services to a variety of outside customers. The facility has design, analysis, controls/software/electronics (CSE), testing, prototype, composites, and motorsports departments enabling very efficient product development. MTC develops products for major automotive OEM’s and a growing number of niche vehicle manufacturers.
MTC is currently seeking to recruit an Advanced Quality Engineer to join our growing Project Management team.
The role of the Advanced Quality Engineer is to provide technical, supervision and consultation services for the design engineering departments utilizing current and new techniques to ensure first-time capabilities and achieve the Company commitment of superior part quality and reliability. The successful candidate will assume the role of advance Quality processes expert for the various projects within the division and be part of a team responsible for leading and coordinating all AQP quality aspects of products through a hands-on approach from initial design to production release.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Attend Drawing, Milestone and Gate Review meetings
- Evaluate engineering designs to assure that the engineering direction is compatible with world-class manufacturing processes to assure first-time capability with superior part quality: Zero defects
- Attending preliminary program review meetings and participate to ensure feasibility of meeting customer’s requirements
- Review prints and specifications to ensure quality and reliability requirements are addressed. track engineering changes and design Validation
- Create Control Plans and provide advice/assistance to obtain compliance, e.g., ISIR, FE Analysis, EV/DV Testing, Failure Mode and Effect Analysis, acceptance sampling, etc.
- Provide assistance as needed in performing capability studies and prototype process potential studies
- Participate in all customer quality audits
- Attend ECN meetings and update the appropriate documentation, visual aids, etc. to meet the ECN release date
- Review CMM and other Format reports for dimensional, MSA and initial SPC studies for all parts to be used for EV and DV builds. Coordinate any deviations with supplier(s) to ensure conformance to specified tolerances and work with Design engineers for Risk Assessments and mitigation as required
- Responsible for the activities related to the identification, tracking, and resolving of all quality problems. Monitor EV and DV Testing and request Test Issue reports (CARs) as required. Support design and test engineers to complete and close CARs and maintain the CAR closure performance
- Lead problem solving for applicable Testing CARs and customer quality concerns (customer specific reports: 8D, 7 Step)
- Must be able to coordinate metrology activity with requirements for manufactured parts and fixtures
- Evaluate and develop, as required, quality requirements and maintain world-class technological advancements compatible with Company needs
- Coordinate any unique studies as required for their assigned programs as a result of customer complaints, internal issues, etc. throughout the program development/initial validation cycle
- Lead/Own and investigate internal/external quality issues for assigned programs throughout all stages of design through to production release.
- Review the supplier ISIR submissions and forward to the Manager, Project Management for approval
- Coordinate the development and issuance of all levels of control plans for EV and DV Build phases
- Coordinate, as part of a cross-functional team, the development and issuance of all levels of DFM/DFA and DFMEAS and Prototype Process PFMEA’s
- Investigate/trouble shoot for quality concerns, including onsite visits to customers and suppliers throughout the program development/initial validation cycle
- Develop TS 16949 cascading documents (process flow, FMEA, control plans, check sheets, etc.)
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in a technical field or science, or similar equivalent degree and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum eight (8)+ years’ experience in the quality field
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) would be an asset
- Previous experience in the automotive industry; knowledge and experience of automotive product development process and activities
- Demonstrated experience conducting Root Cause Analysis; knowledge of statistical analysis, process capability and problem resolution methodologies (8D, 5 Why, 6 Sigma etc…)
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering Drawings and GD&T
- Experienced in doing dimensional checks using gauges and check fixtures
- Previous working experience with Control Plans and PFMEA’s and PPAP’s
- Knowledge of ISO 16949 Quality Standards
- Technical Data Analysis experience required
- Strong computer software knowledge: Excel, Word, Outlook, Minitab
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Capable of organizing and managing multiple conflicting priorities
- Hold current passport and be able to travel as/when required
- Legally eligible to work in Canada.