Senior Quality Engineer
Location: Multimatic EU-Matic, Coventry, West Midlands, United Kingdom
Unit 4000 Herald Avenue
Coventry Business Park
Scope of Position:
Establish the initial quality parameters and help to maintain quality throughout the life of the part. Provide fast response to Customers for support and problem resolutions. Support manufacturing and other departments to implement, communicate and audit systems to the Company’s vision to Strive for Zero defects.
- Attend drawing review meetings to determine feasibility of meeting customer’s requirements.
- Attending Preliminary/ Ongoing program review meetings to determine feasibility of meeting customer’s requirements.
- Deliver Quality Process and Awareness training
- Track and monitor daily quarantine activity, and drive through actions resulting from this.
- Responsible for quality elements of new business/launch in the value stream, including APQP and PPAP activity.
- Support the activities and subsequent documentation for Customer PPAP’s submissions.
- Co-ordinate and support CMM activities and highlighting any potential issues.
- Monitor Gauge calibration system and support CMM Operator in escalating noncompliance issues.
- Participate in capability studies on all new equipment, pre- and post-delivery. (PPAP preparation)
- Working with Quality Engineers to review and submit of Supplier PPAP submissions to QA manager for approval.
- Coordinate and support the development and issuance of all levels of Control Plans, Prototype, Pre-launch and Production.
- Participate in DFMEA and PFMEA reviews as required. Also ensure and validate PFMEA updates have been completed / closed for issues.
- Investigation/trouble shooting for Quality concerns, including onsite visits to customers and suppliers
- Participate in new programs training sessions with the operators. Support Quality Engineers in developing production team on Quality requirements.
- Monitor and report ongoing monthly SPC with Quality Engineers and create action plan for improvements.
- Coordinate any “Outside Testing”.
- Prepare and support Quality Engineers with Quality issues meeting and reporting out to Management team.
- Work in a safe manner at all times.
- Adopt and practice Kaizen Principles and Concepts.
- Work in compliance and conform to, IATF 16949 and ISO14001 standards.
- Worked in a Tier 1 Automotive environment as a minimum role of Quality Engineer within last 3 years.
- Trained internal Auditor to IATF 16949 standard.
- Knowledge and use of OEM Customer portals for monitoring and report Quality status.
- Must hold Full driving license to allow travel by road.
- Able to travel Globally to visit Customers and Suppliers when required.
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings and GD&T
- Previous experience and training in statistical methods (SPC) and measurement systems (MSA)
- Excellent interpersonal skills- dealing with customers internal / external and various departments in a multicultural environment.
- Previous working experience with AIAG system and Core Tools
- Knowledge computer software, including Microsoft products and email.
- Supervisory role or Senior Quality Engineer role previously would be beneficial
- Management of ISO14001 / IATF16949 Quality systems.
- Previous experience with VDA 6.3 standards.