This is an inactive post!
Location: Multimatic Technical Centre Europe, Thetford, Norfolk, United Kingdom
Scope of Position
The responsibilities of the Purchasing Manager will involve purchasing of a variety of components and services for the production of subassemblies within the automotive sector. The Purchasing Manager will be responsible to build & manage the Purchasing Team, maintain supplier relationships, negotiate, source locally/globally, plan and forecast inventory levels. The successful candidate will be required to manage purchase orders, requisitions and work cross-functionally within the business, and other business activities to identify cost-saving opportunities.
- Negotiate and purchase automotive components such as: CNC machined components, forged components, raw materials, commodity items etc.
- Liaise with the Programme Team and support the delivery of challenging on time product schedules.
- Responsible to build & for the day to day management of the Purchasing Team.
- Leading this team by example will include excellent communication skills, planning, work assignment, and reviewing work amongst the procurement team.
- Advise other department managers of any potential problems, concerns and opportunities for improvement.
- Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant engineering and program departments.
- Meet or exceed all objectives/requirements of the business plan. Provide analysis on costs, new and existing, and review cost reduction activities.
- Prepare and raise purchase orders (with detail information for sign-off) and order schedules.
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications.
- Develop company Terms & Conditions with all suppliers in line with corporate standard including non-conformance management commercially
- Ensure the financial viability of all the suppliers/vendors selected to maintain continuity of supply throughout the term of the agreement with Multimatic
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
- Conduct research for new components, materials and suppliers and prepare supplier nominations, taking into consideration the commercial constraints relating to the relevant project.
- Perform root-cause analysis and make recommendations for changes to eliminate error causes (e.g. BOM, reporting issues, shortage of material etc.)
- Make recommendations for improving supply chain (e.g. fix lead time and recalculate levels etc.)
- Maintain the confidentiality of the company and its business.
- Constantly monitor industry pricing and product cost in order to maintain the best possible overall profitability for the company. Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, and delivery or invoice issues.
- Develop and analyse Key Performance Indicators on a monthly basis to determine where continuous improvements can be achieved.
Key Areas of Authority:
- Purchasing of a variety of automotive components and systems for production of automotive subassemblies within the automotive sector
- Maintaining supplier relationships, negotiate, source locally/globally, plan and forecast inventory levels
- Support the General Manager with managing purchase order, requisitions
- Cost saving opportunities
- Completion of an appropriate University Degree or higher qualification. A professional designation in either Materials or Purchasing is preferred.
- Extensive experience in purchasing in a manufacturing environment in automotive or an industry similar to automotive, including a basic knowledge of complete vehicle systems.
- Excellent working knowledge of Purchasing and MRP systems.
- Excellent problem solving techniques and methods.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees both within the organization and with, customers, suppliers, sub-contractors, engineers, etc.
- Strategic and analytical mind-set towards purchasing.
- Strong knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in a diverse, dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Excellent team player, with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem-solving mentality
- Ability to sustain and develop team working and team based problem solving
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume.
We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, recruitment-related accommodations for disabilities, are available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process for applicants with disabilities.