Tool and Die Maker Apprentice
Location: Multimatic Inmet, Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
Multimatic Inmet manufactures fully engineered, high-quality components, assemblies and systems such as bumpers and chassis/body structural components for high-volume vehicle manufacturers.
Multimatic Inmet is currently looking for a Tool and Die Apprentice who will be supporting the press and assembly departments with well maintained dies and manufacturing equipment
35 West Wilmot Street
Richmond Hill, Ontario
- Learn the mechanics of how dies run and how to set up the tooling in a press, ready for production
- Learn how to operate and maintain all tool room equipment
- Fine tune their machining and blue print reading skills
- Assist in solving tool and die problems arising during production runs, with minimum interruption to production
- Provide tool and die history by completing tool status and preventive maintenance reports, spare parts lists, perishable tool inventory lists, time sheets, etc.
- Make repairs, modifications, prototypes, engineering changes to existing tools, dies, production parts and fixtures
- Ensure timely try-outs to meet production schedule requirements or customer delivery dates
- Ensure all work meets high quality standards and is completed within a reasonable timeframe
- Actively participate in the design and development of methods and tooling and fixtures in order to meet quick die change objectives
- Build new tooling or fixtures with supervision from tool and die maker
- Advise management of all potential problems or concerns and offer any opportunities for improvement
- Learn SPC techniques to aid in improving stamping and manufacturing processes
- Perform any other reasonable assignment given by the Supervisor or Management
- Works in compliance with IATF16949 standards.
- Maintains due diligence in regard to environmental matters, and work in compliance with ISO14001.
- Post-secondary diploma, or currently enrolled at a technical college in Tool and Die Making
- Grade 12 high school diploma in Ontario, or Ontario Provincially approved equivalent
- Be able to communicate well in English (written and spoken)
- Be able to work with limited supervision
- Be accepted into an apprentice tool and die maker program with the Ontario Ministry of Skills
- Be able to work in a safe manner at at all times
- Have good mechanical aptitude
- Possess excellent problem solving techniques
- Be able to interact with all levels of employees in the organization
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexible with hours as there will be occasional overtime
Multimatic offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, as well as a friendly work environment. To apply for this career opportunity, click below on "APPLY NOW" and send us your resume and cover letter outlining your experience.