Continuous Improvement Coordinator/Kaizen Champion
Location: Multimatic C-Mech, Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Multimatic C-Mech is seeking a Continuous Improvement Coordinator who will report to the General Manager, and be responsible to identify and improve the outcomes of manufacturing and operational processes to improve efficiencies, reduce cost and increase customer service.
Plant Address: Multimatic C-Mech
1200 Stackhouse Road
Newmarket, ON L3Y 8E4
Key Responsibilities :
- Serve as a key leader within the division responsible for assuring cost improvement initiatives are implemented and sustained.
- Undertake a participative leadership role in the integrated use of lean principles, tools & techniques
- Coach, train & mentor employees.
- Identify cost effective process and quality improvements.
- Establish a culture of excellence and continual improvement.
- Lead initiatives for all departments and represent Multimatic C-Mech.
- Create and maintain Assessment and Improvement Plan.
- Escalate concerns of non compliance to General Manager.
- Lead & Track Cost Saving and Problem Solving significance.
- Conduct weekly Gemba Walks.
- Conduct KAIZEN Workshops and train employees from upper management to operator on lean manufacturing methodology and culture
- Conduct problem solving “at the source”, managing by data and encouraging measurable improvements.
- Support and adhere to policies, procedures, and operational guidelines related to the established quality management system (IATF 16949).
- Safety management responsibilities related to effective quality management.
- Identify and track significant imporvements of performance related KPI’s.
- Promote and introduce 5S as a culture-set the basics for Standardized Work, TPM, Material Management, and LPA.
- Introduce and support a sense of responsibility to maintain systems in the division.
- Create Value Stream Mapping (VSM) for the most important value system in the division.
- Lead Continuous improvement projects following lean manufacturing tools.
- Systematically identify and eliminate waste on manufacturing floor.
- Push to implement innovative and creative new ideas and methods in Process improvement s and Organization.
- Measure and improve machine and operator efficiencies.
- Develop manufacturing methods, labor utilization standards, and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization.
- Advise management and user personnel in development of production and design standards.
- Study operations sequence, material flow, functional statements, organization charts, and project information to determine worker functions and responsibilities. Value analysis and value engineering ideas.
- Use statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and establish productivity objectives.
- Participate in the development of in house manufacturing processes, equipment, fixtures and tooling.
- Develop and provide guidance to error proof all aspects of the manufacturing and operational process.
- Conduct studies and implement project plans to improve production efficiencies, cost reductions and reduce manufacturing costs.
- Support in the development of Process flow charts, Control Plans, PFMEA, DFMEA and Prototype builds.
- Review processing methods and provide continuous development of manufacturing techniques that will improve in house capabilities.
Basic Requirements :
- University and/or technical college in Manufacturing / Mechanical Engineering or Business with the following experience:
- Minimum 1 - 2 years of manufacturing, welding and general maintenance related experience in automotive industry
- Clear and precise understanding of automotive OEMs practices and expectations
- Demonstrated leadership capability with leading organization for leadership and competency
- Excellent Communication Skills (oral and written)
- Working knowledge of automotive customers
- Excellent organizational, time management, analytical, decision making and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Kaizen principles.
- Knowledge of Shop Floor and Kaizen Advanced process, core processes of the division is an asset.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, as well as a friendly work environment. Learn more about us at www.multimatic.com. Multimatic is an equal opportunity employer.