Cycle Counter - 1st Shift
Location: Multimatic Tennessee, Lewisburg, Tennessee, United States
This opportunity is for a 3rd shift Cycle Counter to support our 1st shift production operation.
The Cycle Counter reports to the Materials Manager and supports the materials department with the quantities, locations, identification and documentation of all inventory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Count inventory parts on daily basis according to the direction of the Production Supervisor and the Materials Manager.
- Re-count any quantity discrepancies between floor count and computer records, investigate cause of discrepancy and report to relevant management team members
- Report any shop floor problems regarding tagging, misplacing etc of material to appropriate department heads.
- Operate fork lift truck as needed.
- Assist in year-end physical inventory and other inventory counts as required
- Work in a safe manner at all times
- Participate in Kaizen and GEAR activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Perform functions in SAP
- Have basic arithmetic skills
- Work independently
- Ability to successfully interact with all levels of employees in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Fork lift operating experience, license preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Minimum one year experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment. Needs to be able to demonstrate proficient word processing and spreadsheet skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The associate is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to feel or handle objects, tools or controls; reach and lift with hands and arms; talk, see and hear. The associate is required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The associate is required to rotate their torso and view behind them to operate required equipment.
The associate may frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and may occasionally be required to perform repetitive work tasks.
The associate may need to be available during off hours if needed and assist in emergency situations. The associate must have the flexibility to work various shift hours and/or extended hours if needed
The environmental characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate frequently works near material handling vehicles.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Associate may be subject to exterior temperatures for occasional periods of time.