Multimatic is a privately held, global enterprise supplying engineered components, systems and services to the automotive industry. The company’s core competencies include the development and manufacture of complex mechanisms and body hardware, suspension systems and body structural components as well as the design, engineering and development of light weight composite automotive systems.
We are currently seeking for a MRO Planner for our manufacturing location in Newmarket, who will be reporting to the Maintenance Manager of the facility. This position is not a remote position and the candidate needs to work onsite.
Scope of Job
The MRO Planner is responsible for the procurement, inventory control, and distribution of all parts and supplies related to equipment maintenance and repair. This role will be in the areas of planning, scheduling or inventory accuracy. Includes execution of processes, investigating discrepancies, developing corrective actions, with an understanding of business impacts of decisions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure all requisitions and purchase documents comply with established processes, policies and procedures
• Update core data and vendor details in ERP
• Source materials and place purchase orders with specified suppliers for materials and services
• Maintain office files & records to show history, price, status, of all materials and transactions
• Maintain inventory for indirect materials to meet stated goals or inventory turns and cycle counts
• Monitor inventory and follow up on MRO purchase orders
• Generate requisitions and purchase orders in the system and obtain necessary authorizations and approvals as per the procedures, in order to be able to make MRO purchases
• Make comparisons in order to recommend MRO providers which are the best option, thus benefiting the company
• Maintain the cost-quality relation, pursuing the maximum savings for the company
• Generate continuous improvement projects for processes related to MRO purchases
• Validates purchase requisitions, develops and solicits bids, analyzes and evaluates responses, negotiates prices and other terms, monitors delivery, and maintains necessary records
• Evaluates supplier reliability and performance
• Coordinates competitive and sole source procurements to meet required purchase dates and prepares required support documentation
• Conducts major procurement negotiations involving agreements on terms and conditions prices and schedules
• Follows up, expedites, and negotiates changes relative to delivery and supplier performance
• Maintains professional relationship with internal and external customers and suppliers
• May represent the organization as the primary purchasing contact on assigned contracts/subcontracts
• Supporting the operations, bringing value through the suppliers (cost, on time delivery, quality) and contributing to the plant performance through the supplied products and services
• Identifying the market opportunities (economical, technological and geographical) to satisfy the plants needs
• Working with information from Maintenance, Engineering, and Production, identify and establish appropriate parts inventory levels.
• Enter parts and supply inventory requirements, purchases, and usage into established record keeping tools; conduct periodic reviews of inventory levels to ensure record keeping accuracy and sufficient supply levels as required.
• Coordinate procurement of material to match demands; communicate with suppliers our requirements and forecast.
• Maintain computerized Purchasing/Receiving system for MRO and Engineering plant items and oversee daily operations of the purchase order.
• Develop, optimize and integrate detailed business schedules, (supplier plans and replenishment models) in a lean environment, to achieve the business goals.
• Understand and communicate value steam and/or supply chain capacity and constraints.
• Responsible for with support from purchasing in finding and achieving cost savings through sourcing of new suppliers, manufacturers, and distributors.
Education and Experience Required:
• Completion of an appropriate blend of education and/or experience equaling a minimum of five years.
• Good knowledge of Government legislation in the areas of Health & Safety, WHMIS and ISO 14001.
• Excellent problem solving techniques.
• Must be able to interact with all levels of employees within a multicultural environment.
• Understanding of IATF16949 requirements and procedures.
• Ability to read, write and speak English.
• Knowledge of SAP system and proficient in computer software programs such as MVP CMMS software.
• Good Communication skills.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, as well as a friendly work environment.
Learn more about us at www.multimatic.com.
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume. We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, recruitment-related accommodations for disabilities, are available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process for applicants with disabilities.