Location: Multimatic Dynamic Suspensions, East Gwillimbury, Ontario, Canada
Multimatic Dynamic Suspensions (MDS) is among the newest of Multimatic’s North American divisions. It is a supplier of suspension parts and welded assemblies to the automotive industry, manufacturing front and rear lower control arms, links, stabilizer bars and various welded assemblies in a modern 240,000 square foot facility.
Multimatic Dynamic Suspensions is looking for a Shipper/Receiver to increase company profitability by shipping to established customers and abiding by company standards. Applicants must be willing to work the night shift.
Multimatic Dynamic Suspensions
125 Corcoran Court
East Gwillimbury, Ontario
Canada L9N 0M8
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all tasks on time as determined by the logistics supervisor, shipping and receiving supervisor, materials manager, assistant and general managers.
- Report all factors affecting efficiency on daily duties.
- Fill in all necessary forms and checklists on time as required for each task (i.e. Receiving/Shipping truck log, loading form, tow motor checklist, lot forms, and certificate of compliance).
- Pick, pack, label, secure, and ship all orders by routing and packaging standards to ensure timely delivery.
- Maintain all stock location in first in first out basis (FIFO) at all times.
- Stage shipments for the next truck or the next day as required.
- Move material to provide empty location in shipping for all other departments.
- Write DMN reports for defective parts, internal and customers return.
- Follow the internal lot trace system. Scan to the materials system with 100% accuracy
- Tag and label all necessary material as required.
- Participate in all physical inventory.
- Ensure all truck wheels are chocked before loading or unloading.
- Scan labels for internal purposes and any customers that require scanned labels for ASN.
- Send advance ship notice to customers (ASN).
- Print daily schedule at the time of each shipment.
- Print picklist and items for all customer orders and check against the shipping schedule.
- Pick all material in FIFO order and complete pick list/items lot.
- Strap, tape and shrink wrap necessary packages and orders.
- Load trucks with customer orders.
- Unload customer returnable container and defective parts.
- Return all forms, checklist, picklists and bills to their appropriate trays or file.
- Use the materials system to enhance all inventory functions.
- Print and complete bills and invoice as required.
- Actively participate in team meetings and monthly employees meeting.
- Three years shipping and receiving experience in the automotive industry.
- Three years of experience driving a Forklift experience.
- Proficient computer skills (i.e. Excel, MS Office, MRP, SAP).
- Self-motivated and able to work under limited supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Basic understanding of lot traceability.
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume.
We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.