Senior Design Engineer - Dampers
Location: Multimatic Technical Centre, Markham, Ontario, Canada
Multimatic is a trusted supplier of manufactured products and engineering services to the global automotive industry. We are driven to design, develop, and manufacture unique products to solve our customers’ problems using technology and innovation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moYUEUjiYQE
Multimatic Technical Centre (MTC), located in Markham, Ontario, provides advanced design engineering, simulation, testing and prototyping services to Multimatic’s manufacturing divisions, OEMs, motorsports organizations, as well as others. MTC houses departments for design engineering, analysis, prototypes, and testing under one roof, enabling rapid development cycles and strong collaboration.
MTC is looking for an additional Senior Design Engineer in the Damper Design department. The Senior Design Engineer with work with the team to develop new suspension damper products, as well as supporting existing product lines which use Multimatic’s race-proven spool valve technology. https://www.multimatic.com/manufacturing/suspension/damping-technology
Check out our Multimatic Dampers here: https://youtu.be/Y2fqguwQMY4
85 Valleywood Drive
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Design Engineer will develop products for high-volume automotive applications that offer a high level of performance, while being robust, and cost effective. This includes:
- Generating innovative design concepts to meet customer requirements, incorporating design for manufacturing (DFM) feedback in a wide range of manufacturing processes
- 3D modelling of components and assemblies within vehicle environments in NX
- Drafting component and assembly drawings using GD&T and significant characteristics
- Creating and maintaining DFMEAs
- Defining and reviewing CAE/FEA/CFD activities with MTC Analysis department
- Integration of electronic components with mechanical systems, working with MES group
- Writing Component Test Specifications, working with MTC Testlab to develop
- Coordination of validation testing, and tracking results in customer DVP&Rs
- Data review, analysis, and reporting on performance and durability test results
- Teardown and root cause analysis based on test results
- Hands-on prototype assembly of new concepts, or parts for testing
- Participating in customer tuning sessions (some travel required)
- Generate ideas for VA/VE initiatives for existing products
- Support of production line ramp up and troubleshooting
Throughout the development process the Design Engineer will have to work closely with other departments at MTC (Analysis, Prototype, Testing, etc.), Multimatic’s manufacturing division(s), suppliers, and the OEM.
Education and Experience:
- College or university degree in a relevant engineering discipline (mechanical, mechatronics, or automotive engineering)
- Seven (7) or more years of design engineering experience, at least 3 years in automotive or similar industry
- Expert in using CAD software for modelling and GD&T drafting (NX preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in taking design concept through production launch
- Knowledge of root cause problem solving techniques and resolutions
- Ability to coordinate and manage activities from multiple people and teams
- Experience in Value Analysis and Value Engineering (VA/VE) activities
- Good understanding of vehicle dynamics and suspension architectures
- Knowledge in a wide range of high-volume manufacturing methods: stamping, forging, casting, injection molding, cold-heading, extrusion, powder metal sintering, etc.
- Experience using automotive materials, steel grades, aluminum alloys, engineering plastics, rubbers, composites, etc.
- Good written and verbal communication skills as needed to interact with engineers, manufacturing divisions, customers, and suppliers
- Experience in hydraulics, electronics systems, and precision component design
- Knowledge of control systems, electric power systems, and OEM data management systems is an asset
Multimatic offers a comprehensive benefits package, as well as a friendly work environment. To apply for this career opportunity, click below on the "APPLY NOW" and send us your resume and cover letter outlining your professional experience.
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume.
We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, recruitment-related accommodations for disabilities, are available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process for applicants with disabilities.