Sub Assembly Technician
Location: Multimatic Niche Volume Assembly, Thetford, Norfolk, United Kingdom
Multimatic is a global automotive supply company providing hardware and engineering services to OEMs around the world.
Multimatic Niche Volume Assembly is seeking a Sub Assembly Technician to be responsible for the assembly and servicing of racecar chassis and suspension components to ensure the highest standard is achieved.
Unit 1 Wyatt Way Thetford, Norfolk IP24 1HB England
- Work in automotive assembly area to achieve the businesses dynamic production targets.
- Once trained, production tasks include but are not limited to:
- Assembly of race car chassis and suspension components to written work instructions/OGS Software/Drawings
- Picking build kits in line with bill of materials
- Completing End of Line testing to ensure Right First Time
- Quality inspection of own work and the work of others in accordance with processes and standards
- Reading and understanding of written work instructions
- Preparing parts for shipping including cleaning of the final assemblies
- Update production paperwork
- Maintaining health and safety standards at all time
- Working as a team player to achieve customer quality.
- Continuously clean and tidy work areas and equipment
- Support stock control by alerting when inventory drops below set levels
- Adheres to policies, procedures, and operational guidelines related to established quality management systems (e.g. IATF 16949, ISO 9001).
- Maintains working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and experience
- Ability to use hand tools and follow work instructions to a high degree of accuracy.
- Attention to detail and ability to self-inspect work to ensure quality defects are mitigated and a continual pursuit of perfection.
- Hands-on experience in a race team or production assembly environment.
- Ability to follow written instructions and operate end of line quality test equipment.
- A good standard of English is required, be able to read, write & speak English.
- Willingness to learn new skills and desire for personal development.
- Proactive approach to work, eye for detail and a big focus on quality.
- Punctual and flexible approach to work hours to meet customer demand.
- Strong team player with self-motivation and must be able to take direction well
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
Closing date for applications is December 29th 2023