Maintenance Technician - 3rd Shift
Location: Multimatic Michigan, Jackson, Michigan, United States
Multimatic Michigan, part of the Multimatic group of companies, is a new facility located in Jackson, Michigan. Our core strength is manufacturing fully engineered, high- quality components and assemblies for high-volume as well as niche vehicle manufacturers. Multimatic Michigan uses advanced proprietary manufacturing processes.
Multimatic Michigan is looking for a Maintenance Technician who will report to the Maintenance Supervisor and be responsible for maintaining all production equipment and facilities while performing all PM checks and procedures as scheduled. The Maintenance Technician will also assist with set up and changeovers.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with assembly department equipment such as: motors, welding robots, etc.
- Assist with changeover of equipment, components, and tooling
- Provide support to production in order to ensure a smooth production run
- Maintain equipment to ensure machines produce quality parts
- Responsible for daily preventative maintenance
- Assisting in the implementation of continuous improvement activities
- Work in a safe manner at all times
- Works in compliance with IATF16949 standards.
- Maintains due diligence in regard to environmental matters, minimize any potentially harmful accidents and work in compliance with ISO 14001. Will follow the environmental guidelines for aspects as outlined in the job training requirements.
- Will work in compliance with all legislative requirements of MIOSHA and will be accountable for specific Health & Safety responsibilities
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum 3+ yrs experience in the repair of production equipment, preferably for an automotive parts manufacturer
- Post secondary diploma from a technical college
- Journeyman certification an asset
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical issues
- Experience working with PLC’s
- Must be able to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Strong problem solving techniques
- Ability to read blue prints
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees in the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be able to work 3rd shift 11pm - 7am
- Must be able to pass criminal background check and drug screen
Multimatic offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, as well as a friendly work environment. To apply for this career opportunity, click below on "APPLY NOW" and send us your resume and cover letter outlining your professional experience, and salary expectations.