Software Engineer - Electronic Systems
Location: Multimatic Electronic Systems - North America, Markham, Ontario, Canada
Multimatic is a global automotive company providing hardware and engineering services to OEMs around the world. Its newly formed electronics division, Multimatic Electronic Systems (MES), will meet the growing needs of our automotive customers in electronics hardware and software control. Combining our new products with Multimatic’s existing expertise in suspension systems, vehicle dynamics, mechanisms, and mechatronics will enable us to go to market with complete active suspension, active aero and powered door products to our customers in the future.
Multimatic Electronic Systems (MES) is part of Multimatic’s Engineering Group. Its North American division is located in Markham, Ontario, CANADA, in our Multimatic Technical Centre.
MES, North America, is seeking to hire Electronics Software Engineers who will be responsible for the development of control software for embedded mechatronic automotive components such as powered closure systems, adaptive/active suspension systems and powered aerodynamic devices.
85 Valleywood Dr.
- Develop control code for prototype and production systems, conforming to OEM and national/international standards
- More specifically, develop software for mechatronic systems to meet the expectations and requirements of customers, including but not limited to:
- The software controlling power modules for high-current vehicle applications such as brushed and brushless motors
- Software for 16-bit and 32-bit microcontroller-based ECUs for vehicle hardware control
- Software for gateway modules for OEM vehicle bus interface
- Development of control module software for in-house hardware applications
- Diagnosis and repair of existing code for electrical/electronic/mechatronic systems
- Establishment, concurrence, documentation and maintenance of software requirements and specifications for assigned projects
- Lead the verification, validation and testing of developed software solutions for assigned projects, performing both white-box- and black-box-level tests for the developed software
- Assist in the development of project plans, including timing and deliverables
- Adhere to version control requirements and change-tracking
- Be part of the development of Multimatic engineering tools and development systems for electronic components
- Work closely with other disciplines, such as outside suppliers and mechanical engineers, to achieve project requirements
- Stay up to date on the latest programming techniques, electronic chip technology and general industry trends
- Document/present information obtained from conferences and training courses as required
- University degree in Electrical/Electronics, Mechatronics, Measurement and Control or Computing engineering
- Experience working with 16/32-bit controllers from Infineon, NXP, Microchip etc.
- Experience with device-driver-level and application-level software development
- Experience working with varied IDEs, debuggers and toolchains such as iSystem, Cosmic, Keil, Eclipse, Visual Studio, etc.
- Experience with computer-aided design and analysis tools such as:
- MathWorks’s Matlab, Simulink, Stateflow, or Labview
- Experience developing embedded systems using:
- C/C++ programming including MISRA Coding Standards, Embedded C(++)
- Assembly-level programming
- Experience with communication protocols including network modelling such as:
- CAN, LIN, SPI, SENT, SSI, I2C
- Experience working with Vector Tools such as CANape, CANoe, CANoe.DiVa, DaVinci, ASAP, VFlash, and CANalyzer
- Experience with AUTOSAR
- Experience with Software Configuration Management for version control
- Experience with Software development for P-SPICE, A-SPICE, CMMI-level compliance
- Experience in development to ISO 26262, including a good understanding of the ASIL risk classification scheme
- Exposure to ISO 14229 Road vehicles -- Unified diagnostic services tools and disciplines
- Strong knowledge of state-of-the-art micro-controllers such as PPC and MPC platforms, AURIX, ARM Core, or TI DSP
- Understanding of power electronics, BLDC motors, DC and AC motors, brush and brushless motor controllers, power conversion, power storage, signal conditioning and digital communication
- Experience with automotive and industrial control and electromechanical systems, data acquisition techniques/equipment, including associated transducers and instrumentation
- Hands-on experience with vehicle instrumentation and sensor conditioning
- Exposure to electronic system testing procedures and tools
- Exposure to vehicle power closures, active suspension, active aerodynamics systems and vehicle dynamics.
- Exposure to dSpace ControlDesk and dSpace MicroAutoBox controllers
- Overall knowledge of the automotive and related electronics industries
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume.
We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, recruitment-related accommodations for disabilities, are available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process for applicants with disabilities.