Location: Multimatic Ride Dynamics, Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Multimatic Ride Dynamics (MRD) is one of the newest of Multimatic’s North American divisions. Multimatic Ride Dynamics is looking for a CNC Operator who will operate of various machines, equipment, and tools used to assemble product for our customers. Ensure that the products conform to customer requirements. Perform duties in a productive, safe, and team-oriented manner to enhance the company's efficiency and profitability. Positions available for the NIGHT shift only.
Multimatic Ride Dynamics - 1100 Stackhouse Road, Newmarket, ON, L3Y 8E4, Canada
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete production sheets for every program run by the end of the shift.
- Print production labels.
- Scan finished goods into the MRP system for all standard packs made at the shift end.
- Make adjustments to tool offsets as required.
- Identify known failure modes and follow written instructions.
- Complete required quality checks to be performed while the CNC machine is running, as per the inspection plan.
- Replace tools according to the work instructions and tool life management.
- Ensure bins are accurately tagged.
- Identify non-conformances. Stop production if necessary; purge and contain all suspect material internally and inform the lead hand.
- Complete daily TPM’s checks on the CNC machine.
- Check coolant concentration on the machine and refill if required.
- Ensure that the work area and machinery is clean, organized, and safe always.
- Follow all departmental and general procedures where applicable.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the General Manager and/or Department Manager.
- Abide by all company safety rules, responsibilities, policies, and procedures including the legislative requirements of the OHSA.
- Work in compliance and conform to the Environment and ISO 14001 and IATF 16949 standards.
- Adopt and practice Kaizen principles; participate in Kaizen and GEAR activities.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of a high school diploma.
- Minimum 2 years of experience operating CNC machinery.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Good verbal and writing communication skills.
- Meet or exceed company standards after experience is acquired.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, as well as a friendly work environment. Learn more about us at www.multimatic.com.
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume. We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process.
Multimatic is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing date for applications is December 8th 2023