Location: Multimatic Technical Centre Europe, Thetford, Norfolk, United Kingdom
Located in Thetford, Norfolk, Multimatic Technical Centre Europe (MTCE) is the development centre for Multimatic’s DSSV damping technology and provides engineering services for other Multimatic facilities and external customers around the globe.
At MTCE, Design Engineers develop complex components & assemblies from concept to production. The role requires utilising first principles engineering, creating CAD models, organising CAE & physical testing, hands-on building & testing of prototypes, and ensuring component validation is achieved, while regularly interfacing directly with global customers, suppliers and the on-site manufacturing team. Design Engineers are expected to innovate and drive continuous improvement throughout the business whilst ensuring their engineering services are delivered on-time and to our customer quality and internal performance standards.
MTCE’s customers range from the most successful Formula One, Prototype & Sports Car teams, to the highest volume global automotive OEMs, and everything in between. In addition to development and supply of suspension components & complex mechanisms, MTCE is responsible for whole vehicle engineering for Multimatic’s Niche Vehicle assembly divisions. At MTCE, Design Engineers are located in the same building as the CAE team, component test & validation equipment, a world-class machine shop, metrology, and assembly facilities, allowing for rapid development in a highly collaborative environment.
We are looking to hire self-motivated Design Engineers with a true passion for engineering and an aptitude for problem solving.
- Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Experienced with component design from concept to production in automotive or aerospace industries
- Knowledge of GD&T, typical automotive materials and manufacturing methods
- Creation of DFMEAs, CTS, DVPRs, technical reports
- Proficient in 3D CAD & 2D technical drawing software (preferably Siemens NX or CATIA)
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Valid driver’s license & passport, and be prepared for international travel when required
- 33 days holiday (inc. stats)
- Annual performance bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Several employee discount schemes
- Flexible working environment
Multimatic’s Mission – Solving our customers’ problems through our know-how, embedded in the products and services we sell.
Learn more at www.multimatic.com