IT Systems Administrator
Location: Multimatic Technical Centre, Markham, Ontario, Canada
Multimatic is a privately held, global enterprise supplying engineered components, systems and services to the automotive industry. The company’s core competencies include the development and manufacture of complex mechanisms and body hardware, suspension systems and body structural components as well as the design, engineering and development of light weight composite automotive systems.
We are located in Markham, Ontario and we are currently seeking a Systems Administrator for our Engineering and Tooling locations in Markham, who will be reporting to the Assistant General Manager.
A detail-oriented, thorough, and organized System Administrator to join our growing team. In this position, you will play a key role in providing support for all areas of IT. You will be responsible for system updates, troubleshoot problems, writing automation routines, writing documentation and provide hands-on support for IT issues within our organization. You will demonstrate a willingness to learn new skills. This position is on-site.
- Keep systems up-to-date through operating systems upgrades.
- Assist with the design, implementation, and ongoing support of new software and integrate automation processes.
- Oversee troubleshooting for system errors.
- Provide helpdesk support for network issues.
- Provide technical support either by phone, remote access or site visits as needed.
- Respond to IT issues; hardware maintenance, software, networking, etc.
- Evaluate connectivity issues, equipment, and software.
- Modify configurations, utilities, software, etc.
- Set up equipment for new users.
- Install, test, and monitor servers and new software.
- Assist with Servers, LAN/WAN technologies, computer repair/troubleshooting software, networks, virus protection, Wi-Fi technology, and more.
- Manage system backups/disaster recovery.
- Responsible for server capacity, storage planning, and database performance.
- Setup and configuration Avaya phone sets.
- Manage and setup HPC Linux clusters.
- Supports and adheres to policies, procedures, and operational guidelines related to established quality management system (TS 16949).
- Maintains working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or related field preferred.
- 3-5 years of system administration experience
- Experience in multiple OS platforms including Windows 10 and Linux (RHEL/Centos and Ubuntu/Debian)
- Experience in Linux administration.
- Experience with scripting and automation tools including Powershell, VBScript, Python, BASH and batch scripts.
- Working experience with VMware ESXI server and Windows ActiveDirectory environment.
- Able to work alone and within a team.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable in a diverse and fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with network and server management support.
- Up-to-date knowledge of new systems, information, software, and upgrades.
Position Availability - Immediate
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume.
We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, recruitment-related accommodations for disabilities, are available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process for applicants with disabilities.