New project introduction (NPI) Buyer
Location: Multimatic Anton Manufacturing, Concord, Ontario, Multimatic Manufacturing, Concord, Ontario, MULTIMATIC MECHANISMS GROUP OFFICE, Concord, Ontario, Canada
Scope of Position :
Lead new project introduction (NPI) purchasing activity for assigned projects, supporting the global Multimatic Mechanisms divisions. Scope of work is from initial supplier costing activities to support quote to customer, through program kick-off, sourcing, and transition to division materials teams for production. Collaborate with Supplier Development team to ensure on-time purchasing milestones and guide suppliers to a successful launch. Support new supplier selections and recommendations to meet business growth demands related to technology and increased capacity. Contribute to purchasing commodity strategy to align with technology growth.
Key Responsibilities :
- Primary interface for new project purchasing activity supporting the Mechanisms divisions
- Break-down program cost targets with commodity buyers to identify opportunities and appropriate sourcing strategy (region / technology / cost)
- Obtain any required drawings or descriptions /BOM details to enable potential vendors for accurate quotes.
- Complete quoting activities with the commodity buyers and ensure on-time cost roll-up to division program teams
- Prepare appropriate Request for Quote [RFQ] packages for the Commodity Buyers to send to suppliers for new business quotations and ad-hoc cost savings/benchmarking activities.
- Follow-up and communicate with vendors to ensure quote replies are received on time to meet quote review deadlines.
- Analyze and compile Quote Summary as quotes are received. Provide project roll-up cost summary and analysis leading to sourcing recommendations.
- As quotes are received, enter all quotes in the roll-up sheet and share with internal APQP divisions, meeting the requesting roll-up deadlines
- Negotiate with vendors on commercial terms and technical aspects
- Create and maintain a RFQ database / record of quote requests, replies and summary by OEM Manufacturers program designation.
- Participate in Mechanisms Quote Reviews and AQP team meetings
- Follow Q2A through program to verify on-going compliance / target achievement
- Maintain New Project Launch Tracker and ensure on-time completion of program milestones and supplier nomination.
- Work with AQP to develop the prototype strategy to support timely supply of development components.
- Participate in drawings reviews with AQP to support any supplier /product concerns or enhancements with focus on maintaining cost competitiveness.
- Work closely with Supplier Development to achieve launch objectives and identify risks
- Identify new commodities or specialized sourcing needs to match new product or process technologies
- Manage implementation of supplier changes (re-sourcing, new facility, etc.) with AQP teams
- Visit suppliers as required to understand cost, quality, efficiency and overall supplier performance and capability
- Support cost saving initiatives developed by VA/VE, LTA, Rebates, Lean Activities, supplier moves and leveraging.
- Support specific commodity leadership, as required
- Knowledge of SAP systems is required
- Work in a safe manner at all times
- Adopt and practice Kaizen Lean Manufacturing Principles and Concepts to drive continuous improvement of the NPI purchasing function
- Work in compliance and conform to IATF16949 and ISO14001 standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications / Skills Required :
- Mechanical/Electrical Engineering Degree, Business Degree with Supply Chain Focus, and/or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in Automotive.
- Project management experience or knowledge of automotive APQP / PPAP is an asset.
- Broad understanding of machining, stamping, plastics, electrical components, and processing methods and procedures.
- Familiar with Supply Chain concepts and Incoterms.
- Must possess the ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Must have a good knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power point and SAP.
- Above average communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to successfully engage and interact with all levels of employees in a multicultural environment.
- Must be able read, write and speak English. Other language skills would be beneficial.
- Familiar with IATF16949 and ISO14001 standards.
Closing date for applications is March 31st 2023