Location: Multimatic Electronic Systems - North America, Markham, Ontario, Canada
Multimatic is a global automotive company providing hardware and engineering services to OEMs around the world. Its newly formed electronics division, Multimatic Electronic Systems (MES), will meet the growing needs of our automotive customers in electronics hardware and software control. Combining our new products with Multimatic’s existing expertise in suspension systems, vehicle dynamics, mechanisms and mechatronics will enable us to go to market with complete active suspension, active aero and powered door products to our customers in the future.
Multimatic Electronics Systems (MES) is part of Multimatic’s Engineering Group. Its North American division is located in Markham, Ontario, CANADA in our Multimatic Technical Centre.
MES, North America is seeking to hire an Electrical/Electronics Technician to join our dynamic, growing team!
85 Valleywood Dr.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Test or modify developmental or operational electrical machinery or electrical control equipment and circuitry in industrial or laboratorial environment.
- Assist in the development of programs for new equipment
- Prepare and study technical drawings and specifications of electrical systems to ensure that installations and operations conform to standards
- Maintain/install/repair electrical equipment in office or customer site
- Set up and operate test equipment to evaluate the performance of developmental parts, assemblies, or systems under simulated operating conditions, and record results
- Assemble electrical and electronic systems and prototypes according to engineering data and knowledge of electrical principles, using hand tools and measuring instruments.
- Provide technical assistance and resolution when electrical or engineering problems are encountered before, during, and after the assembly of a product.
- Build, calibrate, maintain, troubleshoot, or repair electrical instruments or testing equipment
- Review existing electrical engineering criteria to identify necessary revisions, deletions, or amendments to outdated material
- Collaborate with electrical engineers or other personnel to identify, define, or solve developmental problems
- Conduct inspections for quality control and assurance programs, reporting findings and recommendations
- Install or maintain electrical control systems or solid-state equipment
- Plan method or sequence of operations for developing or testing experimental electronic or electrical equipment
- Analyze and interpret test information to resolve design-related problems
- Modify electrical prototypes, parts, assemblies, or systems to correct functional deviations
- Draw or modify diagrams and write engineering specifications to clarify design details and functional criteria of experimental electronics units
- Build or test electrical components/harnesses of prototype vehicles
- Create or modify electrical components/panels and wiring
- Research and test vendors' and competitors' products
- Assist in the purchase of materials and production equipment
- Obtain quotes on costs of new electrical projects
- Prepare electrical project cost or work-time estimates
- Work independently or as part of a team depending on the situation.
- Evaluate engineering proposals, shop drawings and design comments for sound electrical engineering practice and conformance with established safety and design criteria, and recommend approval or disapproval
- Visit deployment sites to observe conditions impacting design and to identify solutions to technical design problems involving electrical systems equipment that arise during production.
- Commission the electrical assemblies.
- College/University training - diploma/degree in Electronics, Controls or related field
- Electrical/Electronics Technician with 3+ years’ experience in Automotive and/or Industrial controls.
- Licensed Industrial Electrician is an asset.
- Experience in analyzing of technical data, designs, or specifications; reading schematics and technical drawings
- Use of common lab bench equipment; scopes, signal generators, DMMs, etc.
- Experience with pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical systems.
- Ability to perform precision soldering of SMD components using solder station
- Computer literacy and a sound knowledge in MS Office, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with computer-aided design and analysis tools such as: MathWorks’s Matlab, Simulink, Stateflow or Labview, Autodesk EAGLE, Altium Designer, Cadence OrCad, KeyCreator, CATIA, Autodesk Fusion
- NI Labview programming is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees in a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to be able to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to travel is an asset