CMM Technician/Programmer - Afternoon Shift
Location: Multimatic C-Mech, Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Multimatic is a privately held, global enterprise supplying engineered components, systems and services to the automotive industry. The company’s core competencies include the development and manufacture of complex mechanisms and body hardware, suspension systems and body structural components as well as the design, engineering and development of light weight composite automotive systems.
We are currently seeking a CMM Technician for our manufacturing location in Newmarket, who will be reporting to the QA manager of the facility. This position is not a remote position and the candidate needs to work onsite.
1200 Stackhouse Road
Newmarket, ON L3Y 8E4
Scope of Position
This position is responsible for operating and programming the CMM (Co-ordinate Measuring Machine) for layout purposes. Provides support to the overall QMS by monitoring and calibrating fixtures as well as providing dimensional feedback on all components and assemblies from initial design to full PPAP up to and including on-going production using various lab equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Escalate and suspend activities if quality issues should arise.
- Generate programs for the CMM (Co-ordinate Measuring Machine).
- Provide layouts results from both manual layouts as well as those performed on the CMM (Co-ordinate Measuring Machine).
- Responsible for gauge capability studies and other statistical analysis as required.
- Ensure that fixture calibration to the latest revision is performed and that records are maintained.
- Ensure that fixture use procedures are current and complete.
- Initiate the fixture repair procedure for thosse fixtures that require correction.
- Responsible for performing sample submission layouts and inspection.
- Perform all necessary part and gauge lay-outs and compare to applicable specifications to determine their acceptance level.
- Monitor and maintain overall calibration status of all customer-owned tooling, using gauge software.
- Notify Quality Engineer when repairs and/or adjustments are required.
- Program the CMM and other lab equipment to perform required component and assembly level dimensional measurements. Provide direct feedback in terms of out of tolerance conditions and/or adjustments required.
- Provide assistance and support to the QA department with the prototype and/or prelaunch stage of new programs.
- Provide guidance to Multimatic engineering for complex design parts, in terms of appropriate part datum structures to be considered.
- Perform dimensional evaluations utilising standard layout inspection tools and techniques, such as height gage, optical comparator, Keyence, caliper/micrometer, etc.
- Assist in performing all hand held gauges and fixtures periodic calibration.
- When becomes aware of product or process non-conformance, to stop further processing and inform area supervisor or manager responsible
- Adopt and practice Kaizen Principles and Concepts.
- Participate in Kaizen and GEAR activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned in QA department (ie-special projects).
Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience and practical knowledge in layout practices, utilising available measuring devices and methods.
- Minimum 2 years of practical experience operating DCC controlled CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine).
- Proficient with PCDMIS CMM software.
- Must have proven proficiency in blue print reading and interpretation including GD&T as well as technical specifications.
- Proficient in GR&R for fixture interpretation and analysis.
- Experience using standard measuring/inspection equipment would be an asset.
- Fluency in Geometric Dimensions and Tolerencing would be an asset.
- Engineering Technologist/Technician or equivalent would be an asset.
- Minimum grade 12 education or equivalent.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Good communication skills (written and oral).
- Proficient in computer software, MS Office would be an asset.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, as well as a friendly work environment. Learn more about us at www.multimatic.com.
Multimatic is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted