This is an inactive post!
Automotive Electrical Technician
Location: Multimatic Niche Vehicles Assembly Europe, Coventry, United Kingdom
Multimatic is a privately held, global enterprise supplying engineered components, systems and services to the automotive industry. The company’s core competencies include the development and manufacture of complex mechanisms and body hardware, suspension systems and body structural components; the design, engineering and development of lightweight composite automotive systems, and the limited-volume build of specialty vehicles.
Multimatic Niche Vehicle Assembly Europe (MNVAE), located in Coventry UK, is a world-class facility responsible for the production of future bespoke vehicles. MNVAE is currently seeking an Automotive Electrical Technician to be part of a core team working on the assembly of bespoke niche vehicles. Reporting to the Senior Assembly Technician, and working within an exciting and dynamic vehicle development and engineering facility, you will perform a variety of tasks to maintain production and quality by installing and repairing electrical systems and electronic components, following an electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints and other specifications.
Unit B, Earlplace Business Park Fletchamstead Highway Coventry, West Midlands CV4 9XL
Scope of Position:
Reporting to the Vehicle Assembly Manager in an exciting and fast pacing vehicle production facility, you will perform a variety of tasks to maintain production and quality by installing and repairing electrical systems, and electronic components of industrial equipment and machinery, following an electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints and other specifications
- Programming and configuring vehicle modules for specific customer modes and country regulations
- Troubleshooting electrical wiring harnesses, connectors, and sensor issues
- Correcting root cause of Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC’s) prior to shipping vehicle
- Ensuring wiring harness routing is correct as per diagrams
- Checking and Inspecting vehicle circuits function prior to shipping
- Maintain documentation and software levels for all vehicle modules
- Following ISO 9001 and TS16949 manufacturing requirements
- Consulting on and resolving quality issues as they arise
- Progress reporting and meetings with Management and Quality Teams
- Previous or equivalent of automotive experience and knowledge required
- Strong knowledge with automotive electrical troubleshooting/diagnosing and repair
- Knowledge and experience with HVVS (High Voltage Vehicle Systems) is an asset
- Understanding of vehicle sensor signals and electronics
- Able to read and interpret Wiring schematics
- Comfortable with OBDII/ISO 15765 CAN bus, LIN, and FlexRay communication and networking
- Understand device HEX addressing and messaging
- Ability to use a multimeter and oscilloscope is required
- Familiar with CANalyzer/Vector Software and Hardware is an asset
- Ability to solder and perform wiring repair at a factory quality standard
- Familiar with wire-pin crimping tools
- Knowledge of automotive wiring standards
- Able to work with minimal supervision in fast paced environment; meet tight deadlines
- To maintain a proven record of quality and efficient workmanship
- Day shift with flexible schedule to accommodate occasional overtime and some weekend hours
- Understanding and able to assist with mechanical troubleshooting basic computer skills are required, familiarity with Microsoft Office is an asset
- Experience in manufacturing environments in an asset.
Education and Training:
- Preferably from Automotive Electrical technician background
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume.
We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, recruitment-related accommodations for disabilities, are available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process for applicants with disabilities.