Location: Multimatic Product Services, Novi, Michigan, United States
Posted: November 30th, -0001
Multimatic Product Services (MPS) specializes in providing account management/ sales and product engineering support internally to the business units and externally to the customer base. Giving employees the opportunity to work with the most sophisticated technologies, manufacturing operations and automotive customers in the global market.
Position: Product Engineer - Sales Organization
Location: 25540 Seeley Rd, Suite 700, Novi, MI 48375
Who you’ll work with:
• Internal: Sales Team, Technical Service Managers, Product Engineers, Manufacturing and Engineering, etc.
• External: OEM customers; Design and Release Engineers, Engineering, Purchasing, etc.
• Exchange engineering information within and between Multimatic and its customers
• Create a reliable local presence and build relationships with all customers
• Attend customer meetings as a customer liaison to meet requests and objectives
• Generate internal engineering reports including sales correspondence, summaries, outline of issues
• Presenting material at platform meetings
• Identify and communicate risks and opportunities to external and internal customers groups
• Own open issues lists, manage engineering changes and proposals, initiate RFQ’s, support and find solutions for manufacturing issues
You have to have (requirements):
• A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited University
• Automotive Industry experience (7+ years) in product design and development at a Tier 1 supplier or equivalent
• An understanding of OEM processes, systems and products
• Experience with Automotive; Mechanisms, Mechatronic, Structure or Suspension systems
• Experience with engineering disciplines: GD&T, DFMEA, PPAP/PSW, QOS, etc.
• A high level of proficiency using; Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. CAD expertise – CATIA, UG, etc.
• A solutions based customer relations approach with clear written and verbal communication skills
• Ability and valid documentation to travel internationally, for customer visits to our technical center for engineering reviews, manufacturing site visits, and launch support activities
• Passion, an entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to demonstrate perseverance/GRIT
Our work environment and physical demands:
• The ability to work in an office environment
• This may include sitting or standing for the majority of the day
• Although infrequent you may need to lift, carry, push, and pull material
• Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Multimatic Product Services is:
• An Equal Opportunity Employer
• All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
• Located in Novi, MI off of Seeley/Grand River between Haggerty and Meadowbrook
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume. We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, recruitment-related accommodations for disabilities, are available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process for applicants with disabilities.