Location: Multimatic Niche Vehicles Assembly Europe, Coventry, United Kingdom
Scope of Position :
A part of the remit of the Quality department is to confirm the quality of parts to a specifications/engineering drawing. They are also therefore responsible for identifying defective parts, including paint quality and exterior appearance of the final vehicle as well as supporting actions resolve the issues. This role will provide a varied working day including being office based, to inspection/measuring and direct support to the assembly line
Key Responsibilities :
- Perform visual inspections, mechanical, and functional verification of parts and assembled cars to specification and quality standards
- Prepare quality documentation to describe issues.
- Assist in developing and implementing corrective actions
- Support noncomplex supplier product validation
- Must support the department with compliance to ISO9001, ISO 14001 (Environmental) and OHSA (Health and Safety) systems and standards. Training will be provided if required.
Basic Requirements :
- A Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in an automotive company or similar supplier quality environment
- previous experience of paint quality inspection would be an advantage
- Knowledge of APQP / PPAP Process an advantage
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Mechanical Engineer or ASQC Quality Engineer certification would be an advantage
Closing date for applications is June 2nd 2024