Location: Multimatic Tennessee, Lewisburg, Tennessee, United States
Posted: January 5th, 2022
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ability to safely and efficiently perform all assignments.
• Attention to detail: Welders need to make clean lines and cuts when welding.
• Dexterity: Welders work with their hands, and need to be steady during the welding process.
• Strength: Welders often need to lift or hold heavy pieces of metal in place while welding.
• Good Vision: Keeping a steady eye on the weld as it takes form requires good vision.
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times.
• Responsible for following all established company policies and procedures.
• Ability to follow oral and written instruction, and provide clear communication to co-workers and supervision.
• Participate in corrective action or continuous improvement activities when necessary.
• Insure all quality standards are met as required by the process books and inspection instructions.
• Responsible for reworking product as required.
• Be available to attend future training as deemed necessary for this position.
• The ability to effectively train future individuals in this position.
• Performs other duties as directed by the supervisor or designee.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred. One to three months related experience and/or training or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The associate is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to feel or handle objects, tools or controls; reach and lift with hands and arms; talk, see and hear. The associate is required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The associate is required to rotate their torso and view behind them to operate required equipment.
The associate may frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and will frequently be required to perform repetitive work tasks.
The associate must be available to work scheduled overtime and assist in emergency situations. The associate must have the flexibility to work various shift hours.
The environmental characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate frequently works near moving parts. The associate is frequently exposed to electromagnetic fields, risk of electric shock and vibration. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Associate may be subject to external temperatures for extended periods of time.
Closing date for applications is February 5th 2022
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume. We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, recruitment-related accommodations for disabilities, are available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process for applicants with disabilities.