Location: MULTIMATIC MECHANISMS GROUP OFFICE 2, Concord, Ontario, Canada
Posted: March 19th, 2021
The Multimatic Mechanisms Group manufactures high quality, closure hardware systems for all vehicle applications. With facilities in North America, Europe and Asia, and representation in all major markets, the Multimatic Mechanisms Group is a world-class full service supplier providing stamped, profile, cast and forged hinge systems for all applications including door, hood, trunk, lift gate/deck-lid and sliding doors and closure checking, assist and power devices.
Multimatic Mechanisms is looking for a Quality Specialist. This position will have a strong customer focus and support Mechanisms Group divisions with customer quality / warranty performance monitoring and risk mitigation. Working closely with the global quality team, this role will evaluate opportunities for standardization or improvement across divisions and implement new tools to support our mission to achieve zero defects. This position will interface extensively with plant manufacturing, quality and AQP teams in a mix of office and shop floor environments.
300 Basaltic Road
Concord, ON L4K 4Y9
Key Responsibilities :
• Coordinate and execute strategic improvements for the quality function to increase departmental efficiencies and drive to zero defects.
• Review group quality and warranty performance, identifying opportunities to mitigate risk and driving problem resolution with the appropriate cross-functional team.
• Significant focus on warranty performance and establishing appropriate processes for data reporting, risk evaluation, and prioritization of potential concerns.
• Encourage engagement in the quality system utilizing change management methods and process improvement strategies through alignment with global leadership.
• Subject matter expert on warranty methods and customer quality metrics for the group.
• Participate in APQP audits by project Phase/Gate and share results in monthly meetings.
• Participate in internal / external quality system process audits.
• Review measurement technologies to share best practices and standards across divisions.
• Train cross-functional teams on required quality knowledge, tools, and methods.
• Support both office and shop floor teams (coaching, mentoring, and guidance).
• Track quality improvement implementation activities and identify roadblocks. Coordinate and propose solutions to plant teams and senior leadership.
• Stay continuously informed on developments in quality leadership (technologies, customer requirements, and revised standards).
• Identify opportunities to help transform the quality function with new tools and best practices.
• Work in a safe manner at all times.
• Adopt and practice Kaizen Lean Manufacturing Principles and Concepts.
• Follow all procedures where applicable as indicated in the General Procedures section of the Level III manual, as well as procedures or process maps for this position.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Work in compliance and conform to IATF16949 and ISO14001 standards.
Qualifications /Skills required :
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Automotive Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality.
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of APQP, Core Tools, 8D, 3L5W, statistical methods.
• Expertise in automotive customer quality management and warranty systems.
• Understanding or World Class Manufacturing (WCM) strategies and tools would be an asset.
• Strength in measurement technologies / CMM methods would be an asset.
• Strong computer skills including knowledge of MS Project, Excel, Word and Outlook. Familiarity with business analytics tools (ie. Power BI, Tableau, etc.) would be beneficial.
• Knowledge of IATF16949 / ISO14001 systems.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to effectively interact with cross-functional teams in a multicultural global environment.
• Must be able to travel.
• Ability to read, write, and speak English with excellent communication skills. Other languages beneficial.
Closing date for applications is April 19th 2021
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume. We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, recruitment-related accommodations for disabilities, are available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process for applicants with disabilities.