Location: Multimatic Ride Dynamics, Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Multimatic Ride Dynamics (MRD) is one of the newest of Multimatic’s North American divisions. Multimatic Ride Dynamics is looking for a Buyer who will be responsible for improving company profitability through the development of existing production suppliers. Purchase materials to support the company's needs in accordance with company policies, customer specifications, and provincial and federal laws and regulations.
Multimatic Ride Dynamics - 1100 Stackhouse Road, Newmarket, ON, L3Y 8E4, Canada
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Source and negotiate price and delivery for assigned Ride Dynamics parts, projects, supplies, or services. Issue purchase orders, releases or contracts for them subject to the authorization of the Purchasing Manager and General Manager as required.
- Act as the Program Manager for all Purchasing activities as it relates to assigned Programs. Able to manage New Launches and Operational Purchasing with supervision.
- Work with fellow buyers and management to continuously develop the existing supplier base using tools such as direct negotiations, VA/VE and long term agreements. Develop new suppliers for existing parts both domestic and international that can add value to DS.
- Gather, analyse, and effectively present supplier data. Data entry and report generation for APQP purposes (e.g. customer and department purchase orders, quoting, FSS cost tracking, engineering changes, etc).
- Follow all departmental and general procedures where applicable.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the General Manager and/or Department Manager.
- Abide by all company safety rules, responsibilities, policies, and procedures including the legislative requirements of the OHSA.
- Work in compliance and conform to the Environment and ISO 14001 and IATF 16949 standards.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of a college diploma or a university degree. A professional designation in either Materials or Purchasing ( i.e. CPIM; C.P.P.; Plog). Additional experience may be substituted for some of the above.
- 3-5 years purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment that may be similar to the automotive industry.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with
- Good working knowledge of purchasing and MRP systems (Knowledge of SAP an asset).
- Excellent problem solving techniques and methods.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees both within the organisation and with customers, suppliers, sub-contractors, engineers, etc.
- Computer skills in the area of word processing, spreadsheets, databases and project management.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, as well as a friendly work environment. Learn more about us at www.multimatic.com.
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume. We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process.
Multimatic is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing date for applications is March 15th 2024