Human Resources Administrator
Location: Multimatic Ride Dynamics, Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Multimatic Ride Dynamics (MRD) is one of the newest of Multimatic’s North American divisions. Multimatic Ride Dynamics is looking for a Human Resources Admin who will support the HR department in various functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the administration of staff files and preparation of confidential materials as needed.
- Facilitate orientation for hourly paid employees.
- Ensure that New Hire Training is complete based on according job function.
- Assist filling vacancies for Production Department using temporary agencies if approved.
- Monitor Deferred Profit Sharing, Prescription Safety Glasses Benefit and Safety Shoe Reimbursement Programs.
- Assist with organizing the annual hearing test.
- Clarify all queries from staff including Benefit Programs.
- Assist in coordination of social activities including Kaizen activities, Take Your Kid to Work Day.
- Coordinate Employee Uniform Program.
- Coordinate Employee Service Awards Program.
- Issue and monitor employee appraisal records.
- Maintain the GEAR Database.
- Coordinate GEAR Awards.
- Monitor Employee Discount and GEAR Merchandise Programs.
- Responsible for facilitating and monitoring annual divisional training plan; act as liaison to training providers. Provide department managers with departmental training plan completion each quarter.
- Maintain divisional Training Database.
- Coordinate plant training including Aerial Work Platform, Forklift, Overhead Crane, Transportation of Dangerous Goods, Working at Heights, WHMIS and Employee Development training as required.
- Monitor Training Effectiveness Evaluations.
- Update and maintain organization charts
- Act as Human Resources Representative on the Joint Health and Safety Committee.
- Assist in the organization of Annual Summer Barbeque and Christmas Luncheon, and according Employee Giveaway.
- Facilitate the Human Resources portion of the monthly employee meeting as requested.
- Ensure all literature/information boards are up to date and continually stocked.
- Participate in the annual departmental operating budget.
- Follow departmental and general procedures where applicable.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the General Manager and/or Department Manager.
- Abide by all company safety rules, responsibilities, policies, and procedures including the legislative requirements of the OHSA.
- Work in compliance and conform to the Environment and ISO 14001 and IATF 16949 standards.
- Adopt and practice Kaizen principles; participate in Kaizen and GEAR activities.
Education and Experience:
- University degree or college diploma in Human Resource Management.
- In possession of or actively pursuing the CHRP designation.
- Minimum one year experience in a Human Resources Administrator role.
- Proficient skills in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to deal with confidential information with high degree of professionalism.
- Ability to deal with individuals sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Ability to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.