Robotic Welding Technicians
Location: Multimatic Michigan, Jackson, Michigan, United States
Multimatic Michigan, part of the Multimatic group of companies, is a facility located in Jackson, Michigan. Our core strength is manufacturing fully engineered, high-quality components and assemblies for high-volume vehicle manufacturers. Multimatic Michigan uses advanced proprietary manufacturing processes.
Multimatic Michigan is looking for Robotic Welding Technicians who will report to the Maintenance Supervisor and be responsible for increasing company profitability and improving employee working conditions by providing manufacturing departments with well-maintained equipment, while ensuring quality and ability to meet production requirements.
2400 Enterprise St. Unit D
Jackson, Michigan, 49203
- Set up and teach robots as required
- Troubleshoot and adjust robots, weld controllers, etc. using PLCs and HMI
- Assist with changeover of equipment, components, and tooling
- Provide support to production in order to ensure a smooth production run: e.g., setup, tool change, problem solving
- Adjust MIG, Spot, and Arc Brazing welding schedules on Medar, Lincoln, Fronius and Panasonic weld controllers
- Maintain equipment to ensure machines produce quality parts
- Responsible for daily preventative maintenance
- Assist in the implementation of continuous improvement activities
- Work in a safe manner at all times
- Work in compliance with IATF16949 standards
- Maintain due diligence in regard to environmental matters; minimize any potentially harmful accidents and work in compliance with ISO14001.
- Work in compliance with all legislative requirements of MIOSHA
- Post-secondary diploma from a technical college in Robotic Welding, Electro-Mechanical, or Automation
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical issues
- Minimum 3+ years of experience
- Must have strong PLC skills
- Experience working with Motoman & Fanuc robots, and Allen Bradley PLCs
- Must be able to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Strong problem solving techniques
- Ability to read blue prints
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees in the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be able to work 1st (7:00AM - 3:00PM) or 2nd shift (3:00PM - 11:00PM)
- Must be able to pass criminal background check and drug screen
Multimatic offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, as well as a friendly work environment. To apply for this career opportunity, click below on "APPLY NOW" and send us your resume and cover letter outlining your professional experience, and salary expectations
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume.
We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, recruitment-related accommodations for disabilities, are available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process for applicants with disabilities.