Location: Multimatic EU-Matic, Coventry, West Midlands, United Kingdom
Posted: July 30th, 2020
Multimatic EU-Matic based in Coventry is part of the Multimatic group.
As part of a new capital investment project, EU-Matic has setup a new dedicated facility to manufacture carbon fibre reinforced components for the premium automotive industry. This brand new facility incorporates an extensive list of new equipment and facilities to enable us to become a market leader in this field.
Together with being part of a start-up venture, this is an exciting opportunity for anyone who desires hands-on experience with components destined for high performance vehicles, advanced composites and has a passionate interest in automobiles.
Due to this new facility, EU-Matic is looking for “Composite Technician – Material Cutting Operator” who will be responsible for developing and cutting resin-impregnated carbon fibre, glass fibre and aramid cloth into packaged kits ready for laminating.
Unit 4000 Herald Avenue
Coventry Business Park
• Digitise and nest cut files to optimise composite usage.
• Create a kit cutting schedule based on requirements.
• Cut material for kits using kit cutting machine, including bagging and tagging.
• Ensure accurate material tracking (traceability).
• Organise freezers to manage composite pre-preg material (FIFO).
• Interpret live data to update kit cutting files.
• Preventative maintenance of kit cutting machines and supporting systems (computer program, conveyor belt clean-up, health and safety knowledge and general housekeeping).
• Correct storage procedures, movement and usage of carbon fibre (FIFO)
• Manage internal schedule for material supply.
• Liaise with laminating lead-hands to ensure on time delivery of kits
• Experience in Microsoft suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Comprehend the health and safety protocols of composite materials.
• Provide training, guidance and assistance to co-workers as required.
• A good knowledge of materials – fibre direction, alignments, orientation, resin systems etc.
• Experience in the automotive manufacturing industry
Closing date for applications is August 30th 2020
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume. We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, recruitment-related accommodations for disabilities, are available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process for applicants with disabilities.