Supplier Quality Engineer
Location: Multimatic Ride Dynamics, Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Multimatic Ride Dynamics (MRD) is one of the newest of Multimatic’s North American divisions. Multimatic Ride Dynamics is looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer who will improve the profitability and efficiency of the company in assisting the engineering, purchasing and quality departments with supplier quality issues and supplier development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Authority to take photographs and video within Multimatic. Usage of photos is restricted to internal use only and/ or sending externally as part of job-related correspondence
- Promote and enforce quality standards as defined in the Multimatic Supplier Quality Manual within the supply base placing emphasis upon development and continuous improvement.
- Exercise the supplier survey criteria upon the supply base in a fair consistent manner, rate and report in order to maintain a uniform structure.
- Place emphasis on the use of statistical techniques within the supply base, resulting in the receipt of data accompanying shipments and elimination of receiving inspection.
- Perform onsite supplier quality process audits and reporting.
- Resolve non-conformance(s) reported in process audits to meet Multimatic expectations.
- Engage with high risk suppliers to implement corrective actions and improve on unacceptable performance.
- Monitor supplier corrective actions and follow up in conjunction with the DMN system.
- Purchased part defect analysis and reporting; update and/or edit the supplier performance website (on a monthly basis).
- Participate with APQP team in determination of component key and high impact product characteristic's
- status of supplier components to all team members in launch meetings.
- Review and approve supplier PPAPs ensuring compliance to part drawing and engineering specifications.
- Develop contingency plans with suppliers as per Multimatic/IATF requirements.
- Follow up with suppliers for annual validation and special processes certification requirements (i.e. CQI Audit). Review and approve PPAP submitted for compliance to current engineering drawing level.
- Visit non-conforming suppliers to assess permanent implementation of corrective measures and to validate process parameters.
Education and Experience:
- College or university diploma in an engineering related discipline (i.e. engineer, technologist or technician).
- CQE, CQT, CQA certificates an asset and/or a minimum of 5 years related experience.
- Automotive Quality, Supplier Development, and Process Engineering experience an asset
- Knowledge in all or some of the following: balljoint assembly, casting, CNC machining, forging, plastic injection moulding, rubber injection moulding, stamping and welding.
- Strong in SPC, problem solving techniques & capacity analysis.
- Strong multitasking and organizational skills.
- Must be able to travel (at minimum 25%).
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, as well as a friendly work environment. Learn more about us at www.multimatic.com.
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume. We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process.
Multimatic is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing date for applications is February 29th 2024