Forklift Operator - 2nd / 3rd Shift
Location: Multimatic Indiana - Butler, Butler, Indiana, United States
Why Work For Multimatic?
- New Benefits & New Wage Structure! Day 1 Benefits!
- Great benefits (e.g. Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time-off, Profit Sharing, & Matching 401k plan)
- Perhaps best known as constructor of the new Ford GT road and race cars, Multimatic's products also span a wide range of automotive mechanisms, structures and suspension systems (including Formula 1 race dampers).
Location: Multimatic Indiana - 201 RE Jones Road Butler, Indiana 46721, Phone: 260-868-1000, Email: [email protected]
- 15 Mins. from Auburn IN, 25 Mins. from Fort Wayne IN
Shift Times: 2nd Shift: 2pm-10pm, 3rd Shift: 10pm-6am
Loads, unloads, and moves materials within plant or work site in a safe and efficient manner. Operates industrial truck and crane to support production, shipping and receiving activity as required. Directly reports to the Production Supervisor and shift Lead Hand.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assure the cleanliness and upkeep of the forklifts they operate.
- Completes daily work order activity to assure lift is in good condition and notes issues appropriately if detected.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets and racks.
- Conveys materials from storage to designated area to support production, shipping and receiving.
- Offloads material from production machines, placing product in appropriate area of warehouse.
- Loads material into production line while monitoring quality of material as required.
- Maintains material inventory using “First in, First out” inventory control and performs F.I.F.O. audits as required.
- Assist in attaching identifying tags or labels to containers.
- Removes old labels and assists with rack preparation as required.
- Assist in packaging and performing shrink wrapped loads.
- Assist with trash and recyclable material removal from the plant.
- Operates industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Assures production materials are properly stored in 5-S locations.
- Assure aisles and exits are clear from obstructions.
- Maintains good communication with fellow drivers and supervision to minimize downtime.
- Performs other duties as directed by the supervisor or designee.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Must be able to operate material handling equipment at a level 6 forklift classification.
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume.
We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, recruitment-related accommodations for disabilities, are available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process for applicants with disabilities.