Engineering Placements 2024/25
Location: Multimatic Technical Centre Europe, Thetford, Norfolk, United Kingdom
Are you looking for a 10 month industrial placement as part of your university course?
Multimatic is a global automotive supply company providing hardware and engineering services to OEMs around the world. Multimatic Technical Centre Europe (MTCE) is a leading supplier of engineering and vehicle development services to major automotive OEMs and a growing number of niche vehicle manufacturers. Specialties include suspension systems, vehicle dynamics, carbon fibre structural components, and mechanisms. Our separate Electronics Systems division builds the ECUs that drives these products!
MTCE is currently seeking to recruit reliable and energetic placement students for our next 2024/25 cohort to join the engineering team delivering OEM, motorsport and niche vehicle design solutions. Our Electronic Systems division (MES) are also looking to take students also. As a placement student you will join the teams in supporting multiple groups, with exposure to a wide spectrum of projects across the business. The duration of the placement is 10 months.
- CAD literate
- Strong ability to prove out design ideas using engineering tools
- Ability to conduct engineering calculations using MS Office software and in-house tools
- Excellent report writing and results interpretation skills, including presentations
- Awareness of vehicle suspension and hydraulics
- Passionate about the automotive or motorsports industries
- Driven to achieve world class results in a high-tempo environment
- Flexibility to work on a variety of tasks as and when required
- Ability to work to all relevant company guidelines and procedures
- Experience of Siemens NX or Catia could be an advantage, but not a requirement
Why choose a placement at Multimatic?
- At Multimatic you will have the opportunity to work on interesting and varied projects from day one
- Exposure to world-class automotive engineering projects
- You will be able to experience life in different departments helping you find out what you enjoy and where your skills fit best
- You will be part of a great team, involved in collaborative work and projects
- You will have a chance to understand the whole engineering process – from design conception, analysis, manufacture, to testing of the completed components
- You will be supported by experienced managers who are experts in their field
- Assistance with IMechE membership and mentoring
Please note we are looking to close applications for this fantastic opportunity at the end of October.