Multimatic is a global enterprise supplying engineered components, systems and services to the automotive industry. The company’s success has been fueled by its ability to attract and motivate a team of highly skilled and passionate individuals who want to make a difference. With expanding facilities around the world, including in Canada, the US, the UK, Germany, Mexico, Japan and China, there is always room in Multimatic’s growing team for people who share a dedication to technical excellence, quality and enthusiasm.
Why Work For Multimatic?
- Great benefits (e.g. Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time-off, & 401k)
- You may not have heard of Multimatic, but don’t let that fool you. Multimatic is an exciting manufacturer of automotive components including Formula 1 racing components, structures & suspensions, and is manufacturer of the Ford GT!
Using advanced, proprietary roll- and hot-form manufacturing processes, Multimatic Indiana - Butler produces fully engineered, high-quality components, assemblies and systems such as bumpers and chassis/body structural components for vehicle manufacturers.
Multimatic Indiana - Butler is seeking a Quality Engineer to provide technical, supervision and consultation services for the design, and engineering, manufacturing and quality departments to assure that products can be manufactured utilizing current and new techniques developed by the company to ensure first-time capabilities and design intent are met. Achieve the company commitment of superior part quality and reliability.
Multimatic Indiana – Butler
201 R.E. Jones Road (County Road 30)
Butler, Indiana, 46721
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical liaison services between manufacturing and quality on all matters relating to quality systems, procedures, direction, processes, including Quality Assurance implementation and Maintenance.
- Responsible for activities related to the identification, tracking and resolving of all quality problems.
- Must be able to coordinate metrology activity with requirements for manufactured parts and fixtures.
- Provide technical liaison and consultation services for Manufacturing, Engineering, Sales and Purchasing to assure effective communication, coordination and interaction.
- Evaluate and develop, as required, quality requirements and maintain world class technological advancements compatible to company needs.
- Evaluate engineering designs to assure that the engineering direction is compatible with world class manufacturing processes to assure first time capability with superior part quality.
- Participate in advance product feasibility assessment with affected company quality areas to assure maximum contribution of research, development, design, engineering, and testing to achieve first time through capabilities with superior quality.
- Organize and direct interaction of all customer complaints to provide ongoing communication with timely involvement, review and action to address these issues.
- Review prints and specifications to ensure quality reliability requirements are addressed. Track engineering changes through the system.
- Review and evaluate the adequacy of Control Plans and provide advice/assistance to obtain compliance, e.g., Analysis, Failure Mode and Effect Analysis, acceptance sampling, etc.
- Provide Manufacturing and/or Engineering with Metrology information as needed or required.
- Provide Quality Assurance personnel with assistance and training to ensure acceptable quality performance.
- As required, train quality and manufacturing personnel on use of new and existing equipment.
- Provide assistance as needed in performing capability studies and process potential studies.
- Provide a direct communication link with company management and coordinate with all departments for quality problem resolutions.
- Participate in all customer quality audits.
- Review all safety and critical characteristics with engineering to reach mutual agreement on specifications.
- Write TS16949 procedures
- Lead prototype efforts in area to assure customer requirements are met.
- Develop and lead PPAPs on newer modified products.
- Develop and lead PSOs on newer modified products.
- Perform customer surveys and assist with supplier audits and evaluations.
- Assist quality manager to develop and implement the Quality system.
- Participate in advanced product quality planning activities.
- Monitor and assist manufacturing in process control and development.
- Lead the inspectors and technicians in conjunction with the quality supervisor in performing annual capability studies.
- Participate in customer purchase orders and subcontract reviews.
- Lead technical customer support and service for the assigned accounts.
- Lead customer problem solving efforts for the area assigned.
- Develop TS16949 cascading documents (process flow, FMEA, Control plans, check sheets, etc).
- Maintain quality hold area, disposition NMP material.
- Follow-up with customers on trials and corrective actions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or science, or similar equivalent degree and/or equivalent experience. Minimum eight (8) years experience in the quality field.