Now Hiring! Text "Jobs" to (833) 258-0770
Why Work For Multimatic?
- New Benefits & New Wage Structure!
- Great benefits (e.g. Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time-off, Profit Sharing, & Matching 401k plan)
- Perhaps best known as constructor of the new Ford GT road and race cars, Multimatic's products also span a wide range of automotive mechanisms, structures and suspension systems (including Formula 1 race dampers).
Company Overview: Multimatic Indiana - Butler manufactures fully engineered, high-quality components, assemblies and systems such as bumpers and chassis/body structural components for high-volume as well as niche vehicle manufacturers. Multimatic Indiana - Butler uses advanced, proprietary roll- and hot-form manufacturing processes.
Location: Multimatic Indiana - Butler 201 RE Jones Road Butler, Indiana 46721, Phone: 260-868-1000, Email: ButlerHR@multimatic.com
Multimatic Indiana - Butler is seeking a Quality Engineer to provide technical supervision and consultation services for the design, engineering, manufacturing and quality departments to assure that products can be manufactured utilizing current and new techniques developed by the company to ensure first-time capabilities and design intent are met. Achieve the company commitment of superior part quality and reliability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical liaison services between manufacturing and quality on all matters relating to quality systems, procedures, direction, processes, including Quality Assurance implementation and Maintenance
- Responsible for activities related to the identification, tracking and resolving of all quality problems
- Must be able to coordinate metrology activity with requirements for manufactured parts and fixtures
- Provide technical liaison and consultation services for Manufacturing, Engineering, Sales and Purchasing to assure effective communication, coordination and interaction
- Evaluate and develop, as required, quality requirements and maintain world-class technological advancements compatible with company needs
- Evaluate engineering designs to assure that the engineering direction is compatible with world-class manufacturing processes to assure first-time capability with superior part quality
- Participate in advance product feasibility assessment with affected company quality areas to assure maximum contribution of research, development, design, engineering, and testing to achieve first-time-through capabilities with superior quality
- Organize and direct interaction of all customer complaints to provide ongoing communication with timely involvement, review and action to address these issues
- Review prints and specifications to ensure quality reliability requirements are addressed. Track engineering changes through the system
- Review and evaluate the adequacy of Control Plans and provide advice/assistance to obtain compliance, e.g., Analysis, Failure Mode and Effect Analysis, acceptance sampling, etc.
- Provide Manufacturing and/or Engineering with Metrology information as needed or required
- Provide Quality Assurance personnel with assistance and training to ensure acceptable quality performance
- As required, train quality and manufacturing personnel on use of new and existing equipment
- Provide assistance as needed in performing capability studies and process potential studies
- Provide a direct communication link with company management and coordinate with all departments for quality problem resolutions
- Participate in all customer quality audits
- Review all safety and critical characteristics with engineering to reach mutual agreement on specifications
- Lead prototype efforts in area to assure customer requirements are met
- Develop and lead PPAPs on newer modified products
- Develop and lead PSOs on newer modified products
- Perform customer surveys and assist with supplier audits and evaluations
- Assist quality manager to develop and implement the Quality system
- Participate in advanced product quality planning activities
- Monitor and assist manufacturing in process control and development
- Lead the inspectors and technicians in conjunction with the quality supervisor in performing annual capability studies
- Participate in customer purchase order and subcontract reviews
- Lead technical customer support and service for the assigned accounts
- Lead customer problem-solving efforts for the area assigned
- Develop TS16949 cascading documents (process flow, FMEA, Control plans, check sheets, etc.)
- Maintain quality hold area, disposition NMP material
- Follow-up with customers on trials and corrective actions