Location: MULTIMATIC MECHANISMS GROUP OFFICE, Concord, Ontario, Canada
Posted: December 18th, 2019
The Multimatic Mechanisms Group manufactures high quality, closure hardware systems for all vehicle applications. With facilities in North America, Europe and Asia, and representation in all major markets, the Multimatic Mechanisms Group is a world-class full service supplier providing stamped, profile, cast and forged hinge systems for all applications including door, hood, trunk, lift gate/deck-lid and sliding doors and closure checking, assist and power devices.
Multimatic Mechanisms is looking for a Supplier Development Engineer that will report to the Director of Quality and will be responsible to manage, enhance and improve supplier performance related to quality, cost and delivery. Proactively develop suppliers to meet current and future business requirements utilizing supplier assessment audits, on-site reviews and provide supplier training as needed. Ensure that supplier’s capabilities meet the requirements as specified by the print and are capable of meeting volume demands to ultimately satisfy customer requirements.
300 Basaltic Road
Concord, ON L4K 4Y9
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Organize and prioritize work with various suppliers using schedules, action trackers, meeting minutes and other business documents/tools.
• Support supplier selection by conducting on-site robust quality audits. Provide timely reports and recommendations to the purchasing team.
• Develop a method and action items matrix to closely follow-up any open audit items that result in a minimum supplier rating of 85%.
• Implement and verify corrective actions in a timely fashion on-site at supplier locations.
• Provide trip reports, action items and minutes of meetings on completion of supplier reviews.
• Support APQP project milestones that result in an on-time PPAP submission.
• Review supplier PPAP’s and prepare the same for approval by Management.
• Actively participate in supplier PSO process as required.
• Lead supplier run-at-rate and capacity studies document and submit to APQP.
• Provide leadership during investigation of major quality concerns. Lead supplier activity during containment, root cause investigation and permanent actions resolution.
• Provide technical expertise and leadership cultivating positive, open relationships with the supply base.
• Promote and enforcement of the quality standards as defined in the Multimatic Supplier Quality Manual within the supply base placing emphasis upon development and continuous improvement.
• Act as a liaison between the supplier, APQP, plant quality, and purchasing as required.
• Review all data pertaining to the issues noted on DMN’s, including actions and costs.
• Develop and maintain an organized record keeping system that ensures accurate data related to audits, actions and that all supplier activities are accessible to the required team within Multimatic.
• Drive supplier improvements utilizing Lean methods, supplier KPI’s and continuous Kaizen strategies.
• Knowledge of SAP systems is required
• Work in a safe manner at all times.
• Adopt and practice Kaizen Lean Manufacturing Principles and Concepts. Participate in Kaizen and GEAR activities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Work in compliance and conform to IATF16949 and ISO14001 standards.
Basic Requirements :
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Automotive Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, or Supply Chain
• Process/Quality Engineering experience would be a definite asset.
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of APQP, PFMEA and PPAP’s
• Good Computer skills including knowledge of MS project, Excel, Word and others.
• Ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings.
• Knowledge of IATF16949/ISO 14001 systems.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to effectively interact with suppliers and various departments in a multicultural global environment.
Frequent travel and fluency in English is required.
Closing date for applications is January 29th 2020
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume. We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, recruitment-related accommodations for disabilities, are available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process for applicants with disabilities.