Driving Simulation Center Technician
Location: Multimatic Engineering, Novi, Michigan, United States
Multimatic Inc. is a world class company that has experienced tremendous growth since its inception. This growth was achieved as a result of the skill and dedication of our employees.
From Art to Part.
Multimatic Engineering is a unique blend of high-volume, production-focused engineering, vehicle systems expertise and advanced R&D capability. We have a comprehensive development team supporting Multimatic’s manufacturing divisions while also providing contract engineering services to a variety of outside customers. Multimatic Engineering has design, analysis, electronics, vehicle dynamics and testing capabilities and closely collaborates with in-house prototype and tooling enabling a highly efficient product development process. Multimatic Engineering develops products for major automotive OEMs and a growing number of niche vehicle manufacturers.
SimCenter Detroit features the VI Grade DiM250 DYNAMIC Driving Simulator. The simulator has servo electric actuators that result in providing 9-degrees-of-freedom. Its ability to accurately reproduce both high frequency and large motion in longitudinal, lateral and yaw directions makes VI-grade’s DiM250 a unique engineering tool, suitable for evaluating vehicle ride and handling dynamics in the virtual world. Also onsite is VI-grade’s COMPACT Simulator, specifically utilized for verifying model integrity before being implemented on the DiM250.
Multimatic Engineering invites applicants for the position of SimCenter Technician to be responsible for daily readiness and operations, preventative and corrective maintenance, fault diagnosis and upkeep of both the DiM250 Dynamic Driving Simulator and the Compact Simulator, and related components and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that the simulators are operational and ready for customer and internal use at all times.
- Manage and complete cockpit changes for disparate users
- Manage the the day-to-day scheduling of the SimCenter and simulation activities
- Perform and/or install configuration changes, upgrades, or other modifications and resolve complex technical problems.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of simulators including, but not limited to: troubleshooting and fault isolation, adjusting, removing and replacing assemblies and components, and correcting discrepancies.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on energized low and high-voltage components and support equipment
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on mechanical components. Maintenance ranges from low complexity tasks such as simple nut and bolt checks to highly complex tasks like repairing/adjusting cockpit control components
- Prepare maintenance action reports and other support documentation as may be assigned
- Assist SimCenter Manager with other duties as may be assigned, including facility/vehicle management, shipping/receiving, inventory control, technical documentation, and administrative procedures
- Maintain working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties are performed in a safe manner
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
- Completion of a recognized college program with TECHNICIAN or TECHNOLOGIST designation and/or relevant job experience.
- 5 to 8 years in providing technical support on simulators or complex test fixtures.
- Completion of training program(s) or specialized training in a simulation related field preferred
- Advanced knowledge of electronics and demonstrated ability to apply hardware diagnostic skills in systematically isolating and resolving simulator discrepancies
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to interact with all levels of employees/ stakeholders: customers, suppliers, engineers, etc...
- Organizational skills and ability to independently manage workload
- Ability to thrive in a face-paced, team environment, able to adapt to find solutions and meet deadlines as challenges arise
- Computer literacy and a sound knowledge in MS Office, Excel and Outlook is required.