Senior Process Engineer
Location: Multimatic EU-Matic, Coventry, West Midlands, United Kingdom
Multimatic EU-Matic is a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility located in Coventry, United Kingdom. It is Multimatic’s European base for mechanisms production, supplying automotive customers with competitive, high-quality hinges and door checks.
Scope of the role
Increase company profitability and improve employee working conditions by studying, recommending, and implementing changes to the manufacturing process. Also working with quality & process engineers to eliminate quality issues. Assist Process Engineering Manager with quoting new business and ordering new equipment.
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of the Process engineers in line with business priorities
- Responsible for safety issues on the equipment.
- Responsible for ensuring Process Engineers standard work is completed daily / weekly.
- Responsible for approving PFMEAs for new equipment and updates to existing PFMEAs.
- Responsible for approving setup and changeover instructions.
- Responsible for approving Operator instructions.
- Responsible for approving Process Flow Diagrams.
- Responsible for quoting and approving packaging specifications.
- Responsible for mentoring the process engineer and approving facility standards.
- Responsible for conducting risk assessments and COSHH assessments as required in line with schedule issued by HR.
- Responsible for ensuring all Engineers risk assessments and COSHH assessments are completed to HR schedule.
- Responsible for reviewing and facilitating Engineers KPI improvement action plans.
- Responsible for promoting, reviewing and facilitating Engineers daily / weekly TPM improvements.
- Responsible for reviewing key spares availability on facilities in conjunction with Maintenance department.
- Responsible for Engineers continuous improvements on new/existing equipment.
- Promote and participate in continuous improvement program.
- Responsible for the ordering of new equipment.
- Responsible for coordinating the delivery/installation of new equipment.
- Responsible for developing and updating the layout of new and existing equipment.
- Responsible for developing/verifying new equipment and layout.
- Responsible for overseeing the saving and Archiving of Process Documentation.
- To perform scheduled audits for IATF19649 and ISO14001 as designated via audit schedules from management representative for each standard.
- Degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineer or equivalent experience
- Understanding of IATF16949
- Good knowledge of production reporting systems & MRP systems in an Automotive Environment
- Good technical report writing skills
- Good problem solving skills and methods
- Ability to use Microsoft office packages
- Can understand CAD
- Must have UK right to work
Closing date for applications is November 30th 2022