Project Buyer - Motorsport
Location: Multimatic Engineering Huntington, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
We are looking for a Project Buyer - Motorsport to be based out of our Huntingdon site. This person will be responsible for sourcing, negotiating and procurement of goods and services to support MSVO (Multimatic Special Vehicle Operations) motorsport activities to ensure that project requirements are met taking into account, price, quality and delivery. These activities will be undertaken in conjunction with development and maintenance of a project Bills-of-Materials, tooling requirements and associated 3rd party services, including Full Service Supply (FSS) engineering contracts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets to support MSVO motorsport projects
- Create and maintain Bills-of-Materials deriving from the engineering BOM, particularly in relation to the execeution of the purchasing requirements
- Work with the motorsport engineering team to develop purchasing strategies to support race car programmes.
- Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant engineering and program departments
- Provide analysis on costs, new and existing, and review cost reduction activities
- Identify and evaluate supply chain risk whilst developing robust risk mitigation strategies where necessary.
- Prepare reports and updates as and when required
- Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make project savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Prepare and raise purchase orders and order schedules
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures during supplier negotiations and contracts award process.
- Conduct research for new components and suppliers and prepare supplier nominations, taking into consideration the commercial constraints relating to the relevant project.
- Compile data relating to supplier performance to enable evaluation
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and contribute to performance reviews to ensure contract compliance
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues
- Support and adhere to policies, procedures, and operational guidelines related to established quality management system (IATF 16949).
- Maintain a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years working in a procurement environment within the motorsport sector
- Good knowledge of the constituent components of race cars and the associated manufacturing technologies of such components.
- ONC, A Levels, City & Guilds Level 3, BTec National Diploma Level 3 or equivalent NVQ level 3 qualification
- Good knowledge of purchasing, negotiation, commercial understanding and cost breakdown
- Computer literate, with advanced Excel skills/abilities