CNC Process Engineer
Location: Multimatic EU-Matic, Coventry, West Midlands, United Kingdom
Multimatic EU-Matic is a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility located in Coventry, United Kingdom. It is Multimatic’s European base for mechanisms production, supplying automotive customers with competitive, high-quality hinges and door checks.
EU-Matic is currently seeking to recruit a CNC Process Engineer that will increase company profitability and improve employee working conditions by studying, recommending and implementing changes to the manufacturing process.
Multimatic EU-Matic Herald Avenue Coventry Business Park, Coventry United Kingdom CV5 6UB
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate programs for new CNC projects.
- Update CNC tool usage database and monitor weekly tool usage and spend.
- Monitor stock levels of in-house tooling and highlight any issues.
- Identify and implement tooling improvements.
- Identify and implement program improvements for existing CNC projects.
- Responsible for safety issues on the equipment.
- Responsible for completing daily / weekly standard work as required.
- Responsible for developing and updating PFMEAs
- Responsible for developing and updating setup and changeover instructions.
- Responsible for developing and updating Operator instructions.
- Responsible for developing and updating Process Flow Diagrams.
- Responsible for developing and updating packaging specifications
- Responsible for mentoring Operators and Maintenance to ensure your facility is kept to the original standard.
- Responsible for conducting risk assessments and COSHH assessments as required in line with schedule issued by HR
- Responsible for reviewing the OEE data against equipment for cycle time and number of operators. Verify every 3 months and review any discrepancies with the Plant Manager & Engineering Manager
- Gather OEE data for facilities daily / weekly. Develop action plans for KPI improvements. Review these plans with Engineering Manager, Senior Engineer and Production Managers to prioritise improvement activity. Track top 3 priorities Bi weekly to show improvement.
- Responsible for developing and improving daily / weekly TPM checklists on facilities in conjunction with Maintenance department.
- Responsible for highlighting key spares required on facilities and ensuring their availability in conjunction with Maintenance department.
- Responsible for continuous improvements on new/existing equipment.
- Participate in continuous improvement program
- Responsible for quality issues on your facility
- Responsible for time studies on manual processes and equipment
- Responsible for completing facility audits and auctioning any issues found to return the facility to its original condition
- Responsible for Saving and Archiving of Process Documentation.
- Responsible for verifying dummy parts for 1 facility per week
- To perform scheduled audits for TS19649 and ISO14001 as designated via audit schedules from management representative for each standard
- Adopt and practice Kaizen Principles, Concepts and participates in Gear activities.
- Follow all general, departmental and position procedures where applicable as indicated in the level III Procedure manual.
- Work in compliance and conform to all current customers and or government standards where applicable (Example: ISO & TS etc.)
- Work in a safe manner at all times.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
If you have three years experience in a similar or related position and have the drive to reach challenging goals, this position should interest you. Combine your excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills with your automotive industry experience to become the successful candidate for this career opportunity.
key requirements :-
- Understanding of CNC Setting, machining principles and tooling essential.
- Understanding of CNC programming essential.
- Understanding of MASTERCAM software would be an advantage but not essential.
- Experience of inputting data into Microsoft excel templates would be an advantage but not essential as training will be provided.
- Experience of perishable tooling cost analysis would be an advantage but not essential as training will be provided.
- Must be able to interact with all levels of employees within a multicultural environment.
- Understanding of IATF16949 requirements and procedures would be an asset.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Good knowledge of production reporting systems and MRP in an automotive manufacturing environment.
- Good Technical Report writing abilities.
- Excellent problem solving techniques and methods.
- Ability to successfully interact with all levels of employees.
Good Computer skills in spreadsheets, data bases, word-processing and basic use of CAD
All applicants must be legally eligible to work in the United Kingdom, (EU), be computer literate in production reporting systems and CAD, with a solid combination of Electrical Engineering and Project Management skills.
Multimatic offers a comprehensive benefits package, as well as a friendly work environment. Learn more about us at www.multimatic.com. To apply for this career opportunity, Click below on the "APPLY NOW" and send us your resume and cover letter outlining your professional experience.
Multimatic is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing date for applications is February 29th 2024