Electronic Applications Engineer
Location: Multimatic Electronic Systems UK, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Electronics Applications Engineer
Multimatic - Solving our customers’ problems through the know-how we embed in the products and services we sell.
Multimatic is a global automotive company providing hardware and engineering services to OEMs around the world. Its newly formed Cambridge (UK) based electronics division, Multimatic Electronic Systems (MES), will meet the growing needs of our automotive customers in electronics hardware and software control. Combining our new products with Multimatic’s existing expertise in suspension systems, vehicle dynamics, mechanisms and mechatronics will enable us to go to market with complete active suspension, active aero and powered door products to our customers in the future.
We are seeking an Electronics Applications Engineer to join our team and support development of a growing range of control products for the automotive industry. The successful candidate will be joining Multimatic Electronic Systems at a very exciting time as the division embarks on multiple projects; these projects will require applications support within the engineering department and on-site with the customer. Key strengths required for the role include the ability to operate independently, a willingness to travel and support customers on-site, the ability to communicate efficiently and the ability to take-on responsibilities. Most importantly we need someone who will embrace our culture – finding ways to say “yes” and delivering excellent solutions for our customers.
Cambridge CB24 6WZ
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Work closely with the project and engineering teams and support them in ensuring customer deliverables are achieved.
- Understand software strategies and electronic hardware integration so that optimisation of a system can be explored and customer support is to the level expected from Multimatic.
- Report on a technical level, and manage and open issue list to ensure corrective actions are completed.
- Represent Multimatic in front of customers and build relationships with customers.
- Support the engineering team with any testing which may be required.
- Excellent understanding of vehicle architectures
- A strong background in the ability to problem solve working with automotive standards such as CAN/LIN/Ethernet.
- Experience working with electrical/electronic systems
- A history of being able to complete tasks with minimal guidance and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of MATLAB, Simulink, C language and model-based design.
- Knowledge of, or ideally experience in, working with CAN tools such as Vector CANape and CANoe.
- Previous experience analysing logged data and write reports based on findings.
Multimatic is an equal opportunity employer